This task force has finished its work. If you have questions about VIVO 2016 Conference, please contact Julia Trimmer. Thanks!
This task force organizes the 2016 VIVO Conference, which will be held in Denver Colorado, August 17-19, 2016 at the Marriott City Center. The conference is coordinated by Designing Events with the help of the task force.
- Everything needed to hold the 2016 conference, including, but not limited to:
- A full program of keynotes, invited, contributed speakers, posters and workshops
- All conference logistics including planning of food and beverage, signage, registration, collaboration dinner
- All conference marketing and promotion, including email, print media, social media
- All conference sponsorship
- Conference recognition program, including two contests (apps and data)
- Wrap-up and transition to the 2017 conference planning task force, including
- Selection of site for the 2017 conference
- Selection of the program and conference chairs for the 2017 conference
- Posting of presentations and photographs from the 2016 conference
The task force will work all year up and through next year's conference. A simplified/conceptual schedule is below. A revised/detailed schedule will be available from Designing Events shortly,
|Recruit task force members, conduct, review 2015 conference survey, post presentations and photographs from 2015 conference, review conference timeline|
|Review/finalize conference organization, meeting processes|
|Begin marketing and sponsorship work|
|Begin keynote invites|
|January||Begin invited speaker solicitation, begin sponsor solicitation|
|February||Call for workshops, papers and panels|
|March||Begin reviewing abstracts, finalize workshops|
|April||Late-breaking call for papers|
|May||Call for contest participants, finalize schedule|
|June||RFP for 2017 location|
|July||Select/conform 2017 location and dates|
|August||Workshop and conference|
New this year
- Run the conference as a task force. Open participation by the community. Year long process. Materials gathered in the wiki for re-use.
- Identify roles and responsibilities. See Conference roles and responsibilities
- Organize the conference work under several key rols – in the past we had just program chair and conference chair. This year we are considering adding a marketing chair and sponsorship chair. Each should have volunteers working with them.
The wiki will contain progress information
VIVO Updates emails as needed
- Conference chairs brief the Steering Group as needed