This task force has completed its work, resulting in new Implementation documentation for VIVO. Thanks to all the task force members!
The VIVO Implementation Documentation Task Force is charged with improving the documentation pertaining to implementation, not just the technical aspect of the implementation but also project management ideas, data management ideas, community engagement ideas that are, or at least need to be, front and center in a VIVO implementation. A better overall approach to implementation documentation will help people understand what VIVO is and why they should be interested in implementing VIVO.
Please refer to the Planning a VIVO Implementation page.
- How to successfully implement VIVO by engaging the community
- Provide clear guidance to project management for VIVO implementation
- Provide data management ideas and sample files to create basic structure of organizations, people, publications, grants, teaching activities, awards/grants, keywords.
- Technical aspects of the implementation
- Identify "pain points" or gaps in documentation that community members have experienced, and try to close those gaps
- Explore whether we need another level of information for potential VIVO users/adopters who have not yet decided whether to implement VIVO.
The goal is to provide easy to use user's guide to VIVO implementation
- Recommendations on how to engage the community
- Best practices for project management of VIVO implementation
- Best practices and standards for data management with sample files that enable creation of basic structure of organizations, people, publications, grants, teaching activities, awards/grants, keywords.
- Best practices of technical aspects of the implementation
Solicit members and schedule first meeting
2015-03-30 - 2015-04-14
Develop action items, assign to team members
2015-04-21 - 2015-05-19
Accomplish deliverables, preliminary review
2015-06-02 - 2015-07-14
Revise deliverables, final review
Violeta Ilik Northwestern University - task force lead
Julia Trimmer Duke University - member
Damaris Murry Duke University - member
Jim Blake Cornell University - member
Paul Albert Weill Cornell University - member
Brian Lowe Ontocale - member
Alvin Hutchinson Smithsonian - member
Benjamin Gross UNAVCO - member
Weekly, Tuesdays at 2PM CT on Skype
Distribute proposed charter and solicit participation from community via appropriate mailing list
Announce task force creation and progress on relevant Working Group calls.
Create a page in the VIVO wiki (wiki.duraspace.org), with child pages for agenda, notes, and additional information
Agendas and Notes
Solicit agenda items from task force members 3 days before meeting
Prepare agenda and distribute no less than 24 hours before meeting
Use standard meeting agenda and notes format (see VIVO wiki Task Force Agenda Template (click --> here for example).