New to VIVO?
- VIVO en Español (alpha)
- A short tour of VIVO
- Learning about VIVO
- Semantic Web resources
- DuraSpace Incubator announcement
The VIVO Community
- VIVO adopters
- VIVO Working Group activities
VIVO Special Interest Groups
- Calendars and Upcoming Events
- Other VIVO web sites
- VIVO in Social Media
- VIVO 1.6 Release Announcement
- VIVO 1.6 Installation and Upgrade Guides
- Known issues for VIVO 1.6
- Prior VIVO Releases
Conducting an annual survey of VIVO implementations is a good suggestion. More info here as this project comes together.
Engaging with VIVO
Anyone may read this wiki (and the accompanying JIRA issue tracker)
Anyone can read any page in the wiki and view the VIVO issues in JIRA, at https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/VIVO
Anyone may obtain an account on this wiki (and the accompanying JIRA issue tracker)
Anyone with a DuraSpace ID can edit pages on the wiki, create JIRA issues, or comment on JIRA issues.
To get your DuraSpace ID, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a real live person will send you a message with a signup link.
Want to be more involved? Get a connection to the project.
To edit issues in JIRA, we just need to connect you with VIVO. Send a note with your DuraSpace ID to request this connection.
This also means that JIRA issues can be assigned to you!
Search the VIVO wiki
Open the sidebar in your wiki menu to see the map on other pages
Semantic Web Developers
VIVO is a Java Enterprise application built around the Jena Semantic Web Framework.
Here is some information to help you find your way around the code base.
SPARQL is the query language for semantic data. SPARQL Resources will help you get started and provide you with basic queries.
Librarians, Research Administrators, Communications and Outreach Providers
Are you tasked with introducing VIVO to your community? You might find the resources in the Learning about VIVO section of interest. Here you'll find support information such as VIVO Benefits which discusses how different stakeholders can leverage VIVO and VIVO data, VIVO FAQs that have been raised during local outreach presentations, conferences, and emails to project members, and a Semantic Web resources to help you learn about the semantic web, linked open data, and more.
Institutions Implementing or Evaluating VIVO
Institutions Participating in the 2009-2012 VIVO Grant
Public VIVO Implementations
please add your institution's VIVO as it becomes public
- American Psychological Association (APA) – see also the Publish Trust Framework
- Bournemouth University Academic Profile Pages, United Kingdom
- Cornell University VIVO
- Scholars@Duke (new!)
- Griffith University Research Hub, Australia
- Indiana University VIVO
- Ponce School of Medicine VIVO
- SUNY Research Excellence in Academic Health
- Technical University Eindhoven VIVO, the Netherlands
- The Scripps Research Institute VIVO
- University of Colorado Boulder VIVO
- University of Florida VIVO
- University of Melbourne Find an Expert, Australia
- University of Pennsylvania VIVO
- Weill Medical College Clinical and Translational Science Center VIVO (temporarily on campus only)
VIVO Implementations In Progress
Many institutions run VIVO behind a campus firewall during an evaluation or initial data population and review phase, so public links to their VIVO instances are not yet available. In addition, not all implementations mature into production projects. You may reach many of these via the VIVO implementation mailing list.
- Brown University, Rhode Island
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Colegio Postgraduados en Ciencias Agricolas, Mexico
- Curtin University, Australia
- Emory University, Georgia
- Hunter College, New York City
- Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California
- Johns Hopkins University, Maryland
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Data Archiving and Networked Services, Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen (KNAW), the Netherlands
- Global Forum on Agriculture Research, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Imperial College London
- Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, Costa Rica
- Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Monash University, Australia
- New York University Langone Medical Center, New York City
- Nicholas Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
- Northeastern University, Boston
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Otago Research Data Registry, New Zealand
- Pennsylvania State University
- PetaByte Nonprofit Research Ltd, Hungary
- Queensland University of Technology
- RPI Center for Nanoscale Innovation
- St. George's, University of London
- Stony Brook Medicine
- Stony Brook University
- SUNY Buffalo (collaborating with SUNY Oneonta)
- Texas A&M University
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- University of California-Irvine
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Hawaii
- University of Idaho
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Kentucky
- University of Memphis
- University of Nebraska Lincoln
- University of New Mexico
- University of North Texas
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Southern California
- University of Utah
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wisconsin Madison
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech
- VU University, Amsterdam
Other implementation resources
- We have a VIVO about VIVO installations, public and in-progress – and many of the people and tools supporting VIVO sites
- A more detailed listing of International VIVOs - VIVO projects and implementations outside of the United States
- Press release: USDA Agencies to Join Scientific Networking System
Getting in Touch
If your questions or concerns are not answered by this wiki, here is how to best reach someone on the VIVO Team.
Please find information about communicating with us.
Attending a conference? Check the Upcoming Events table to connect with VIVO colleagues in the US and around the world.