There are four components that you will want to backup
- The VIVO home directory
- This holds your site's user accounts and encrypted passwords, along with other authorization and display settings.
- Holds the Solr search index. The search index is not vital to a backup, since it can be rebuilt. However, rebuilding the index is time-consuming
- Also holds any uploaded image files, and any customized RDF files.
- Holds your
- The VIVO content store
- This holds all of your instance data (people, organizations, etc), as well as any customizations that you entered through the GUI. For sites using SDB, the content store is a relational database and will be backed up using the procedures for the database being used.
- The VIVO configuration store
- In most cases, the VIVO RDF store is held in the VIVO relational database (above), but at some sites it might be in a separate triple-store. The configuration store uses TDB. To back up TDB, shut down Tomcat, and back up the files in
- The VIVO installation directory
- If you have customized the templates or the Java code, you will want to preserve those changes.
- At a minimum, this directory contains your