Iryna Kuchma - eIFL.net
Jim Ottaviani - University of Michigan
Maureen Walsh - The Ohio State University
Sarah Potvin - Texas A&M University
Valorie Hollister - DuraSpace
- 10:00am Eastern/14:00 UTC
We will use the international conference call dial-in. Please follow directions below.
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial in #
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
News / announcements / events, etc.
|Maureen, Sarah, Amy, Bram|
- Advanced DSpace training at Texas A&M - only open to Texas or now until perfected, hope to offer another session in January
2) JIRA review
- DS-1602 (Ivan/cmtr request fro DCAT input): Some metadata is not exported through OAI with oai_dc - "We'd love to hear comments from the DC standardization working group in DCAT about what is actually needed in this respect, in light of the proposed migrations. (Note: this will affect also other metadataPrefixes besides oai_dc, but DCAT doesn't have to worry about that.)"
- Elin: I think needs for OAI output on DC depends on the fields. It would be useful to see a list of the fields that are currently not included? If a list is not available, then a general fix that enables all DC fields to be exported would be preferred.
- Ivan: I can tell you the list of all fields currently included. Fields not included would be those which have been locally defined and one intentionally excluded (dc.description.provenance) administrative field. If anything else is missing, it's an omission we should fix. Following Sarah Potvin's comment in Jira, I accepted the change. This was the actual change: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/258/files. So you can see the current list of published oai_dc metadata (after the change) here: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace/config/crosswalks/oai/metadataFormats/oai_dc.xsl. I'm not so familiar with the proposed set of metadata fields that should be in 4.0, so if any metadata field from 4.0 is missing in oai_dc.xsl (which is a mapping of DSpace metadata to oai_dc), we should add it
- ACTION: Maureen: will walk through it to make sure everything is included, will review and post feedback on JIRA issue
- DS-1204 (Ivan/cmtr request fro DCAT input): Submissions page should display Workflow Tasks before Archived Submissions
- Elin: I don't know the xml UI very well, however this seems to indicate that you get a listing of submissions and archived submissions at the top (unlike the JSP UI). For users who submit a lot, I think this would get in the way so agree that a shift towards the bottom of the page would make sense.
- Discussed and while viewed as low priority DCAT suggests the tasks move to the top:
- Tasks You Own
- Tasks in the Pool
- Unfinished Submissions
- Archived Submissions
- Submissions Being Reviewed
- ACTION: Val to post summary of DCAT discussion
- DS-1453 (Ivan/cmtr request fro DCAT input): repository content analysis - "This issue serves to collect requirements from repository managers and DCAT about what kinds of reports they would like to see in a proposed content analysis module. It has been often requested, but almost no requirements have been stated so far."
- if we had a content analysis module what reports would we like to see?
- Maureen and Sarah P saw some content modules built outside of DSpace at a preso at OR - Terry Brady from Georgetown (http://or2013.net/sessions/focus-your-content-not-ingesting-your-content)
- not sure how it fits with other curation tasks
- ACTION: Val will post summary of preliminary start DCAT discussion on JIRA issue and also post a msg to DCAT list to encourage members to create a bucket list of what they would like to see
- DS- 824 (Jim Ottaviani, code review in process?): Request Copy function for XMLUI; would allow author of item to give viewing privs to restricted item
- code developed by Univ of Minho code - JSP, now XML working (at UofM)
- some support/need to allow for item to be in middle ground state of open and embargoed - someone can find it, but the bitstream not immediately available for download - alerts author that someone is interested in it, author can chose to have DSpace deliver a copy of it
- addresses institution limited access
- allows for posting of some journal versions of articles depending on how agreements are written
- turned on by invoking metadata in config - presence of values in fields triggers the action
- per the JIRA issue, some work has been done on some code at Texas, Sarah P. can see some functionality in test repository
- Jim would like to implement w/o improvements in Brian's comments (not automatically email file, create temporary group permission so file can be downloaded from DSpace in case files are really large), code for improvements not done
- ACTION: Sarah to contact Texas developers to see if any further work has been done and also solicit possible resource to help review Univ of Minho/UofM code, Jim will f/u with Ivan to see what help (from Texas or others) may be useful
- Any others?
3) Metadata project
- Val wonders if it make any sense to have another project chunk for creating and implementing admin schema? Is it discret enough or too many dependancies – probably – but not sure if it makes sense to implement yet
- Val proposes that we have regular monthly metadata team mtg to keep moving project forward
- Sarah P attended the DCMI conference last week
- conference more about metadata standards and practices rather than narrowly focused on DCMI
- spoke with Diane Hillman - asked about some specifics in our proposal, specially having 2 metadata schemas at once, will email to confirm understanding
- Diane recommended Sarah chat with Tom Baker at DCMI who might be able to help find other resources to help review proposal
- DCMI conference will be in Austin in Oct 2014 - could use conference to get feedback on our project, depending on where we are
- ACTION: Val to propose mtg days/times for 2 weeks from now
|DS-1602 Some metadata is not exported through OAI with oai_dc - review and post feedback on JIRA issue||Maureen|
|DS-1204 Submissions page should display Workflow Tasks before Archived Submissions - post summary of DCAT discussion/recommendations||Val||DONE|
|DS-1453 repository content analysis - post summary of preliminary DCAT discussion on JIRA issue and also post a msg to DCAT list to encourage members to create a bucket list of what they would like to see||Val, ALL|
|DS- 824 Request Copy function for XMLUI - Sarah to contact Texas developers to see if any further work has been done and also solicit possible resource to help review Univ of Minho/UofM code, Jim will f/u with Ivan to see what help (from Texas or others) may be useful||Sarah P. , Jim|
|Set mtg for metadata team||Val||in process|
Metadata project - prepping for review group
|Metadata team - Sarah P., Bram, Amy, Maureen|
Metadata project - research / brainstorm on recruiting