Date & Time
- Main call Nov 18th 16:00 UTC/GMT - 11:00 ET
- Satellite call Nov 19th 21:00 UTC/GMT - 16:00 ET
We will use the international conference call dial-in. Please follow directions below.
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial in #
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
2014 Meeting objectives
From August until December 2014, the monthly DCAT meetings are centered around defining, refining and prioritizing DSpace use cases.
These use cases are expected to have an important impact on the medium and long term roadmap of DSpace, starting with DSpace 6 in 2015.
November Meeting Agenda: Integration use cases
During the November meeting we will be discussing integration use cases. Which kinds of use cases are supported by a more advanced integration between DSpace and other systems than the ones existing today? Should these integrations be one-directional, bi-directional? What kind of user interface (if any!) should come with these integrations?
For each of the needs that emerge, we will try to qualify those needs as:
- Supported: the use case is being addressed and that the bulk of configuration associated with it (if any) can happen through the UI.
- Partially supported: there is room for improvement in the support for the use case. It also covers the cases where specific server configuration or small customizations to the code are required in order to properly support the use case.
- Unsupported: if at all possible with DSpace, addressing the use case requires substantial modifications to the DSpace sourcecode.
We rather want to cover more use cases than to stick to a limited number, allowing to dig deeper in detail. This is why we will be asking the participants in the call for their institutions or personal priority after devoting ~5 minutes to a explanation and discussion about the actual use case. This means we hope to cover at least 10 use cases during the call.
Read more about certain use cases that were already identified: Use Cases
The best way to participate and contribute
If you have some time to spare to prepare for this meeting, it would be great if you could briefly list the most important administrative use cases for you or your institution, especially if they fall in the category unsupported.
- Sign up for an account on this wiki and log in.
- Put your use cases in the comment section of this page.
- Join either the main call or satellite call and tell us about your use cases
Discussed use cases
- Integrations - Integrations that significantly lower the effort to fill DSpace with content, both from in house systems and third party content
- Integrations - Integrations that increase the exposure of content stored into DSpace in external systems
- Integrations- Integrations that avoid registering information multiple times within the organisation
- Integrations - Importing data from discipline-specific systems into DSpace
- Integrations - integrating with third party document streaming services
- Integrations - Linking to repository content through a learning management system
- Integrations - importing large files into repositories using an external system
- Integrations - Use of multiple sorts of Direct Object Identifiers
- Integrations - Linking to other data sources search for available data
integration with other DuraSpace products
Integration with preservation systems and tools