Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call line: +1 (641) 715 3660 from 8/19/15 | Access code: 651025#

Attendees

Goals

  • Re-invigorate Service Management interest group, touch base on old and new business, get ready for a great year in 2016!

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
5minRoll CallSheila Rabun
  • See above under "Attendees"
5minDecide on best regular meeting schedule - once a month? once a quarter?group
  • Meeting preferences will be addressed in Service Management survey to go out in March
5minLink to Service Management Materials from Hydra Connect?Sheila Rabun
  • Hannah Frost will work on tracking down HC documents and presentation materials so we can potentially link to them from the SMIG wiki page

 

10-20minRound Robin - share what everyone has been working on and goals for the year (related to Hydra Service Management)group
  • Sheila Rabun (University of Oregon): Oregon Digital is undergoing massive metadata and image cleanup, in terms of service management, our goal is to create our RACI matrix this year
  • Trisha Wilson (Emory Univ.): Emory is still in the planning stages for moving to Hydra, in March they will be working with a consultant from Stanford to get ready for their Hydra conversion. They already have their technical and functional RACI matrices. Next steps/goals are to create a vision statement, roadmap and prioritize conversion work, and then tackle more service management aspects.
  • Karen Cariani (WGBH): WGBH is currently working with Indiana Univ. on media preservation, with the goal to get something done soon!
  • Kieran Etienne (Washington Univ.): Washington Univ. is starting with Hydra - their first production was in Feb. (Curation Concerns) and second production in March (Avalon). Goals are to organize and better communicate capacity.
10-20min
  • Discuss group focus: Hydra or repository-specific aspects of Service Management (based on feedback from Hydra Connect)
  • Identify shared priorities/future agenda items
    • Examples: Roadmapping, SLAs, top 5 priorities for service management, RACI matrix/team approach

 

group
  • Itil foundation has good standards and best practices:
    • foundations class is recommended for all to get on the same page in terms of terminology and understanding basic concepts
  • Univ. of Cali at Santa Cruz also has good set of service management documents that we will try to add to the SMIG wiki
  • At smaller institutions, people might not know what service management is, which is why getting more documentation pulled together might be a good idea. Kieran will be working on adding more information and linking more documents to the Resources section of the SMIG wiki.
  • Looking back at past notes, an idea for a service management survey came up last year but appears to have been sidetracked. The group agreed that a survey is still a good idea, so we will be working to get that out to the community in March. Survey will also include preferences for regular meeting schedule.

Action items

  • Sheila Rabun draft a survey, send to call participants for input and review, send to community in March
  • Kieran Etienne compile and add additional documents and resources to the SMIG wiki page (March-April)
  • Hannah Frost track down service management presentation materials from Hydra Connect and try to link them to our SMIG wiki page

1 Comment

  1. Hydra Connect 2015 workshop materials are now linked under Resources. I will also be depositing these, as well as the OR 2015 presentations, to the Stanford Digital Repository so that we have persistent links!