- Establish official goal for this group
- Identify areas to improve documentation and communication
- Schedule follow up meeting
|HydraConnect 2016 Follow up||Nabeela Jaffer & steve van tuyl|
|Active Projects: Mediated Deposit||steve van tuyl|
|DSpace Data Migration||All|
|Round Table Projects Status||All|
Hydra Connect 2016 Follow Up
- A scoring exercise for establishing group needs was done.
- Results: DSpace/Hydra IG: Hydra Connect Meeting (10-06-16)
- Mediated Deposit
- DSpace Data Migration
- There are currently several approached to this being worked on
- CSV Export
- AIP Export (DSPace Packager) - Cal State. Linda Newman reports that bitstream file system dates were changed in their testing and this approach was abandoned.
- CSV to BAG (Oregon)
- A short discussion about handles and the various needs this brings to the surface.
- Minting new handles?
- Maintaining/redirecting old handles?
- How should we communicate the status of the dspace specific features and projets in order to help repository managers that would like to migrate make a decision and set a timeline?
- We will create a wiki matrix page based on the HC2017 list of requirements with status, who's working on, implemented, etc.
Goal of this group
We discussed the need to ensure that this group primarily focuses on the various questions and needs surrounding data migration. This will help to articulate and educate interested parties to the differences of the hydra/pcdm platform and data model to that of DSpace and highlight the important components that make it an attractive choice.
- Follow up meeting regarding data migration projects on 11/15 @ 11am.