Members: Mark Bussey, Bess Sadler
The group holds a quarterly call to identify opportunities to:
- Make Hydra safer from harassment
- Encourage diversity
- Support women and other minorities in our community
These actions may take place in many contexts, including, but not limited to:
- Enhancing and clarifying community practice such as the Anti-Harassment Policy, or the Participant Guide
- Arranging training or forums for discussion at local, regional, and worldwide community events
- Actively engaging in hydra community forums (IRC, e-mail, calls) to foster more open collaboration
Planned Meetings: Q1 2016: February - Doodle Poll here: http://doodle.com/poll/zh42mt5kxs8w74g3 Agenda & Notes: Q1 2016 Hydra Allies Interest Group Meeting Q2 2016: TBD Q3 2016: TBD (sometime before HC2016) Q4 2016: TBD (decide whether to continue or retired the Interest Group)
2016-10-08 Retiring the IG: Notes
Due to various other commitments and priorities, I have not had the time to invest in this group I had hoped. However, I'm encouraged that many of the topics this group was intended to address are finding much more natural and integrated homes throughout the community. I just attended the largest and most diverse Hydra Connect meeting yet, and am excited by:
- The diversity of attendees and first time presenters at Hydra Connect 2016 (HC2016). We can still do better, but we're trending in the right direction.
- The active discussion and updating of the Hydra Participation Guide among the Hydra Helper community prior to HC2016. We'd love new and more helpers online and at events!
- The first ever mentor program at a Hydra event during HC2016
I feel privileged to be part of a community that aspires to openness and diversity as seriously as ours does. It makes me feel much more comfortable retiring this specific group.
- Mark Bussey