- The Hydra Steering Group shall consist of no less than five (5) voting members.
- The voting members of Hydra Steering Group shall be individuals supported in their participation by a Hydra Partner institution.
- Decisions in the Steering Group shall be made by consensus; in the event that consensus cannot be reached, decisions shall be reached by majority rule.
- In the event that multiple members of Steering Group are supported by the same Partner institution they shall exercise only one vote between them on any given occasion. Thus the maximum number of votes that can be cast at any one time is equal to the number of Partner institutions supporting Steering Group members and a majority vote requires more than 50% of that number.
- Potential new members of the Steering Group must be nominated by an existing member of the Steering Group. In accepting the nomination, the individual must confirm the support of their Partner institution.
- To join the Steering Group, an individual must be approved by a majority vote of Steering Group.
- Steering Group members can resign at any time with notification to the other members of the Steering Group. Steering Group members can be removed by a majority vote of the other members.
- In the event that a member of Steering Group is no longer supported by a Partner institution (for instance, due to a change in role, employer or retirement) he or she shall be entitled to continue participation in Steering Group as a non-voting advisory member subject to a majority vote of Steering Group. Should the individual indicate a wish to remain on Steering Group this vote shall be held as soon as practicable.
- Advisory members of Steering Group can resign at any time with notification to the other members of the Steering Group. Advisory members of the Steering Group can be removed by a majority vote of Steering Group.
- The bylaws set out above may be modified at any time by a majority vote of Steering Group.
This wiki space is deprecated
This wiki space is now deprecated. The wiki for Samvera (formerly the Hydra Project) is now to be found here: Samvera