Child pages
  • Hydra Tech Call 2016-12-14
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Call-In Info: 1-641-715-3660, access code 651025

Moderator: Adam Wead

Notetaker: Tom Johnson

Attendees:

Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present
    1. folks outside North and South America
    2. Eastern timezone
    3. Central timezone
    4. Mountain timezone
    5. Pacific timezone
    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
  2. Call for additional agenda items (moderator)
    1. Registration is open for Code4Lib
  3. Check-in on large PRs requiring review (moderator)
    1. Reverse Collection membership (Esmé Cowles)
      1. Merged: ready for CC 2.0 release?
        1. Princeton calling for a 2.0 release.
      2. What is the status of w.r.t. Hyrax? (table this)
      3. Is there a need for a migration tool?
      4. Can we get an RC?
        1. ACTION Trey Pendragon to release rc1.
        2. ACTION Tom Johnson (or DCE) to test, consider a migration rake task for existing collections.
  4. Update on Sufia/CurationConcerns Consolidation Plan (Michael J. Giarlo Justin Coyne)
    1. Hyrax codebase is tracking CC and Sufia for now.
      1. Note both codebases and commit history are in the Hyrax codebase.
    2. See, e.g.: https://github.com/projecthydra-labs/hyrax/pull/24
    3. Q: Are sufia and curation concerns living side-by-side or are they merged?
      1. A: we are past the side-by-side stage, and in the merging stage.
    4. A few institutions are talking about giving cycles to Hyrax
      1. This includes groups using both CC and Sufia now.
    5. Q: What are we doing about development for CC and Sufia now?
      1. It's manageable to do merges to catch-up at present; but question about long-term is less clear.
      2. There will be a CC 2.0 and Sufia 7.3.0. 
        1. Releases beyond this are in question.
      3. Call to Action: If you can justify committing to Hyrax, it would help to have more institutional backing.
    6. Q: Will there be a targeted jump-over time from Sufia → Hyrax?
      1. There should be (this would be Hyrax 1.0). Hyrax team will need help to get this right.
  5. Hydra Plugins request for feedback on guidelines (Andrew Myers).
    1. Please offer feedback; linked email provides details.
    2. One desirable way to provide feedback is with GitHub issues.
    3. Timeline is ongoing, but compiling first round of feedback next week.
      1. Please provide initial feedback in time for 12/20 meeting.
    4. Two proof of concepts are being "plug-in-ified":
      1. GeoConcerns
      2. Google analytics 
  6. Display Sets Working Group charter (Lynette Rayle)
  7. Moderator/notetaker for next time: 
    1. Proposal to adjourn for the year, meeting again on the Jan. 11.
      1. Adam Wead to send email to Hydra Tech proposing this.
    2. Moderator: TBA
    3. Notetaker: TBA