Child pages
  • Hydra Tech Call 2017-01-11
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Call-In Info: 1-641-715-3660, access code 651025

Moderator: Lynette Rayle

Notetaker: James R. Griffin III

Attendees:

 

Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present
    1. folks outside North and South America
    2. Eastern timezone
    3. Central timezone
    4. Mountain timezone
    5. Pacific timezone
    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
  2. CanCan and curation concerns (Joe Atzberger)
  3. (STANDING) Update on Sufia/CurationConcerns Consolidation Plan (Michael J. Giarlo or Justin Coyne)
  4. Display Sets Working Group update (Lynette Rayle)
  5. CurationConcerns 2.0 RC1
  6. Sufia 7.3 Blockers - University of Cincinnati local sprint.  Thomas Scherz
  7. Request for feedback/additions to Hydra Plugins Guidelines (Andrew Myers)
    1. Current master: https://github.com/projecthydra-labs/hydra_plugins_wg/blob/master/Guidelines.md
    2. Active PRs: https://github.com/projecthydra-labs/hydra_plugins_wg/pulls
  8. Moderator/notetaker for next time:
    1. Moderator: TBA
    2. Notetaker: TBA

Notes

CanCan and curation concerns

  • (Atzberger was not available to join the call; this was delayed for the next meeting scheduled for 2017-01-18)


Display Sets Working Group update

  • Rayle indicated that the Display Sets WG is starting up
  • First meeting is scheduled for the Tuesday of next week
  • Primarily of interest is the identification of use cases within the community for Display Sets

Hydra Plugins Guidelines

  • Myers reported that this working group reconvened after the holiday break
  • They are primarily looking to incorporate community feedback
  • These guidelines provide assistance for persons looking to develop additional features for the Hyrax ecosystem
  • (Could play a key role in how Hyrax is capable of being extended in the future)
  • There were initial efforts undertaken (a first round) with limited feedback captured
  • It is emphasized that the guidelines are still a work in progress
  • Involvement from anyone interested is very welcome

 

Sufia/CurationConcerns Consolidation Plan

  • Coyne reports that there isn't much to be explicitly detailed
  • The efforts are slowly proceeding, and that any additional help is welcome

 

CurationConcerns 2.0 RC1

  • Coyne was not able to provide an update on RC1
  • Thomas Johnson reported that there are no special updates on the status of RC1
  • Johnson is currently writing release notes and undertaking additional testing
  • Invites anyone interested in providing additional testing to look to address this within the next few days
  • Expresses confidence in the current implementation for RC1 and feels that the community should expect CC 2.0 soon
  • In response to a question regarding migration tasks, Johnson clarified that they did not encounter any major issues in moving Apps over to CC 2.0
  • Declares that they are not keen about blocking the release of CC 2.0 over issues relating to migration tasks
  • Instead, these issues should be cataloged prior to the release
  • Regarding the major features in 2.0, there is a significant change from CC 1.7 in the switching of where collection statements are

 

Sufia 7.3 Blockers

  • Scherz and Glenn Horton of the University of Cincinnati are switching from a planned Hydra App sprint to a Gem sprint
  • When scoping the requirements for an App being developed atop Sufia 7.3, a number of blocking issues were identified for the Gem (https://github.com/projecthydra/sufia/issues?q=is%3Aopen+milestone%3A7.3.0+label%3Ablocker)
  • Scherz and Horton are looking for feedback on where best to begin addressing blockers for 7.3
  • Throughout the next 2 weeks, they shall be looking to address these
  • They also invite any interested parties to join them in this sprint
  • Anna Headley and Carolyn Cole were identified as attendees who likely best know which issues are the major blockers
  • Cole is uncertain of the most significant blockers; clarifies that migration features were not a part of 7.3
  • It was indicated that Cole did open a number of blocking issues as far back as August for the 7.3 Milestone
  • Scherz clarifies that the majority of the work for the AdminSets has been done
  • It was noted that members of the Penn State University may have addressed some of the existing issues for ScholarSphere
  • Scherz will contact Cole with further questions
  • It was discovered that there were issues which may need to be closed (https://github.com/projecthydra/sufia/issues/1709 and https://github.com/projecthydra/sufia/issues/1710)
  • It also may be the case that the "blocker" label need to be removed for some of these issues
  • Scherz will ensure that this remains on the agenda for the next scheduled Hydra Tech Call

 

Moderator/notetaker for next time

  • Thomas Scherz shall serve as the moderator for the next Hydra Tech Call on 2017-01-18
  • James Griffin shall serve as the notetaker