Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Peter Binkley
Mark Bussey (Conference host)
Matt Critchlow
Karen Estlund
Erin Fahy
Richard Green (Admin assistant)  (probable apologies)
Anna Headley

 

Schedule (for info)

  • w/b 1st June: Web page and booking announced
  • (8-11 June: Open Repositories 2015)
  • 1 July:  Outline schedule announced following call on 30 June
  • w/b 3rd August:  Detailed program announced
  • 21-24 September:  HC2015

Agenda

 

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Facilitator and notetaker for this call
    2. Additional agenda items?

  2. Organizational matters just for info:
    1. Hotel arrangements
    2. Social events 
      1. Poster reception
      2. Conference dinner
      3. Other...
    3. Public page  here
    4. Room availability for reference: HC2015 Conference Rooms.xlsx
    5. FYI - Last year's post conference survey results

  3. Structure of conference 
    1. Theme? No theme? Mold the theme to the offerings?
    2.  Any or all of...
      1. Workshops
      2. Conference welcome (by?)
      3. Plenaries
      4. New Hydranaut introductions
      5. Interest Group and Working Group reports (inc. Steering?)
      6. Breakouts
      7. Poster session
      8. Unconference sessions
      9. Interest and Working group meetings
      10. Other working sessions
      11. Other?
    3. 2014 program for reference is here

  4. Community ideas for content - page at HC2015 suggestions for the program
    1. audience question - 2014 broke out topics by audience also on a new / established vector. was this successful? Would we want to replicate?
    2. 2015 Github - https://github.com/pbinkley/HC2015-program/issues
    3. Waffle board - https://waffle.io/pbinkley/HC2015-program
    4. poll.gitrun.com - Here is how it works: Login at poll.gitrun.com (you have to allow it to edit your repos). Once you are logged in you can point it directly at an issue with a URL like http://poll.gitrun.com/pbinkley/HC2015-program/issues/1. View vote totals or click to vote. The way it votes is by just leaving a comment that says simply '+1'; if you do that manually it will also count your vote.
    5. 2015 program - template here if useful
    6. Agree how to generate an outline program before 6/30 (Quality over quantity (wink) ) 
    7. Are there program items that require clarification before a decision can be made about them?

  5. Specific "to-do's" before next call

  6. Plan next email(s) - when to send out
    1. Poster session (Last year's text here)
      1. FYI: No local printing facilities this year

  7. AOB

  8. Next call 30 June 8.00am PT, 11.00am ET, 4.00pm UK

 

Notes

(Names for action items in Red!)

How to organize all the program ideas? (continued)

  1. Anna will remove the Aud_All label in favor of specific audiences for proposed topics in repo - done
  2. Anna will review existing issues in repo - done
  3. Anna will create a milestone for issues that have a presenter - done
  4. A bunch of ideas have been added to the wiki page since the github import. we need to get those in somehow.

Discussion:

  • Re: structure of the conference, we agree to generally follow the same structure as last year with the general structure outlined here: HC2015 Conference Rooms.xlsx
  • DCE can provide a scheduling app to help sort people and sessions into rooms, etc.

Next steps:

  • We decided to schedule a meeting for next week, June 23rd 8:00am PT, 11:00am ET, 4:00pm UK to continue discussing the general outline for the conference before out 6/30 deadline
  • No labels