Meeting Times & Communication Channels
Time: Wed at Noon PST / 3:00 PM EST.
Call-In Info: 712-775-7035 (Access Code: 960009)
- Steven Anderson (BPL)
- Nabeela Jaffer (Michigan)
- Anusha Ranganathan (Cottage Labs)
- Mark A. Matienzo (DPLA)
- 8 nights of rooms (so two rooms for 4 conference nights) are comped by the hotel contract.
- Each room is a Double. So... could have two people in a room potentially. Or could just do one person per room.
- Registration for scholarship recipients is being factored into the budget currently.
- Scholarship does not include travel, other expenses
- Open Repositories 2015 used a form similar to what has just been emailed out to the group. Can't use it directly but can use it for inspiration to create something similar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ODDk99tJ_D-WV9m7sSJMxX_COfjN4nQFAUtxHt_IvYc/edit
- How do we identify need?
- Potentially based on known contributions/lack of travel support from institution
- Application form
- How do we collect information (e.g. via a web form)?
- Everyone seems to be fine with using Google Forms/Google Docs
- How soon do we need the form done?
- Registration to open by 8 June; want to be able to link to form/scholarship documentation
- Ideally have everything open by Open Repositories 2016
- Visa support (from OR 2015): is this something we want to include?
- Current OR 2015 form is long (22 questions); target 10 questions
- Registration will be capped at 290 people
- Form contents
- Country of residence
- Email address
- Name of employer/business
- Nature of company
- URL to company's site
- Job title/role
- Why is HC2016 important to you?
- Contact of someone in Hydra community who knows you
- [Nabeela Jaffer to adapt final questions for document]
- Deadline for submissions: July 13
- Deadline for acceptance: August 8
- Other items?
- Announcements - where do we want it o be senrt out?