Time: July 26, 3:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM MT / 12:00 PM PT
Google Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ualberta.ca/geo-pred
Facilitator: John Huck
Notetaker: James R. Griffin III
- John Huck (University of Alberta)
- Eliot Jordan (Princeton University)
- Darren Hardy (Stanford University)
- Kim Durante (Stanford University)
- Eric James (Yale University)
- Tom Brittnacher (UC Santa Barbara)
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University)
Review the Working Group charter Objectives.
1. Research and define what can be said to constitute default metadata in Samvera.
2. Resolve the question of whether Samvera metadata predicates must be published URIs.
3. Identify the set of necessary specialized metadata elements that default Samvera metadata lacks (e.g., bounding box, scale, projection, coordinate reference system, others?).
4. Compile information about available predicate options for each required element, as well as information about the decisions taken by other initiatives now underway, including LDP4P, Samvera MODS 2 RDF WG, DPLA, GeoWorks, other public Samvera collections, or others.
5. Evaluate available predicate options for each required element, select one or more to recommend, and document the rationale.
Discuss possible stages
1. / 2. / 3., then 4., then 5.?
Discuss timeline, project milestones
Discuss possible working methods
Work separately and report back?
Form sub-groups (2-3 people) to tackle tasks?
Zoom vs. Google Hangouts?
Identify groups to survey or work with
Identify potential connections people in our group have to those groups.
Schedule next meeting