|5min||Samvera Connect: UX Interest Group time to meet/work/discuss anything in person?|
- Thursday (11/9) is reserved for working group meetings and unconference. There were also be rooms open Tuesday through Wednesday for meetings and work time. Locations will be posted on the program schedule.
|5min||Samvera Connect: Any interesting presentations/lightning talks we should check out?|| All|
Testing Instance Update / NURAX
- There is a testing instance of vanilla Hyrax (2.0.0beta) at demo.curationexperts.com. It is hosted by Digital Curation Experts and maintained by community developers.
- A new slack channel to discuss this instance was created and is available at #nurax
- Volunteers to perform testing and documentation must be given administrative rights to the site.
- To-do: create a list of rules for admin users of the site (e.g. do not edit or delete other users' works or collections, etc.)
Follow up on DURT discussion with Repo Managers & test instance manager.
- Nik recapped discussions about DURT testing. The last round of DURT testing was completed on Sufia 7.
- Summary findings from the first round of DURT can be viewed here.
- To-do: identify outstanding recommendations from DURT in Hyrax 2
Follow up on current state of Accessibility efforts.
- We will do our best to test accessibility while we test usability of release candidates.
- It is recommended we identify accessibility experts in the community and enlist their help.
- There is a list of Samvera/Hyrax issues on Accessibility
- To-do: compile a list of tools and resources to aid in accessibility testing (see: slack discussions in the #uxinterestgroup channel, Section 508, etc.)
|5min||Follow up on Hyrax Developer Knowledge Base, User Interface Testing (https://samvera.github.io/administration-testing.html)||Chris Diaz|
The state of Bootstrap usage in Samvera Hyrax application(s).
- Is there a plan to move to v4?
- How to prime people on "Beginners guide to..." maybe for non-ui developers to reference commonly used Bootstrap patterns/modules in Hyrax.
|Adam Joseph Arling|
- Discussion about Bootstrap and community decisions regarding front-end frameworks.
|5min||Thoughts on a Hyrax Style Guide? / Repository of cut & paste UI templates / modules?||Adam Joseph Arling|
- Adam suggested front-end developers convene to think about useful style guides for Hyrax. For example, it can be a difficult on-ramp for UI developers learning about Hyrax / Blacklight / and local style guidelines. Would this be useful for Samvera?
- Example of Northwestern Style Guide templates: (https://github.com/nuwebcomm/templates)
Sass / JS linters, resources, best practices for what developers should be using, or become aware of?
- How do we tighten these up, or establish a top-down reference point for how to write/implement/organize css and js?
|Adam Joseph Arling|
- Did not discuss, ran out of time.
- Personal note: after working in the Collection Extensions sprint, there are a lot of disparate patterns in UI code. How to avoid this?
|5min||Compile a public listing of shining UX work examples for all to see. Who's doing good work, and how are they doing it?||Adam Joseph Arling|
- Did not discuss in detail; however, this could be a good topic to pick back up at Samvera Connect.