Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 11:00 AM EST at https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

 Click for additional ways to connect...

Topic: Samvera Documentation WG
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,703126880# or +16465588656,703126880#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880
    International numbers available: https://cornell.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=kETmSkQJwRw5MtUhdEDgGzCl7yPcJrhY

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323:
        162.255.37.11 (US West)
        162.255.36.11 (US East)
        221.122.88.195 (China)
        115.114.131.7 (India)
        213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
        202.177.207.158 (Australia)
        209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880

    SIP: 703126880@zoomcrc.com

Or Skype for Business (Lync):
    https://cornell.zoom.us/skype/703126880



Facilitator: LaRita Robinson

Notetaker: Andrew Myers

Attendees

Agenda / Notes:

  1. Roll call (please log in above)
  2. Review project board: https://github.com/projecthydra/projecthydra.github.io/projects/1
    No progress on tickets to report. It's been acknowledged that the working group has been extremely short on cycles for the past few months.
    1. Reporting on items completed since last meeting
    2. Review status of in-process tickets
    3. Discuss ready items & groom backlog
      1. Any new items needed?
      2. What should be moved to ready?
  3. Other agenda:
    1. LaRita Robinson Discuss linking to testing documentation
      1. The release testing subgroup has prepared some documentation that should potentially be linked to... see: Re: Hyrax Release Testing Subgroup
      2. This is included in Chris's branch, and will come through with any submitted PR.
    2. Chris Diaz Manager's guide long-term solution
      1. At the same level as "Manager's Guide" there is a section called "User Interface Testing", which is like acceptance testing.. i.e. manual steps for users to go through, and evaluate correctness of the application by observing the UI.
      2. Jennifer Lindner had mentioned (before the meeting) that samvera.github.io was primarily targeted toward devloper documentation, and docs for managers may not be the best fit here, and may lead to maintainability problems if managers and non-developers are expected to submit changes, since the workflow currently requires some github knowledge.
      3. However, those of us in attendance agreed that avoiding "yet another site with documentation" was worthy enough to keep the new content at samvera.github.io.
      4. We talked with Jenn on Slack after the meeting and there seems to be general consensus.
      5. Also, we pointed out to Chris Diaz that he can add metadata to make is content more discoverable through the A-Z index, as well as the quick find box.
    3. Samvera Connect working group report
      1. Assinged to Bess Sadler, but we ALL need to help with the content. It's only a 3 minute update, so shouldn't be too much work (see action item).
    4. (add your items here)
  4. Pick facilitator / notetaker for next time
    1. Notetaker is responsible to copy template agenda into a new agenda for next meeting and add any followup items immediately.
    2. We didn't do this. Game time decision, i guess?

Action items 

  • Chris Diaz will submit a PR for his new content.
  • EVERYBODY work on the Working Group Update from Samvera Virtual Connect (summer, 2017) to include things that have happened since then so that we can present them at Samvera Connect 2017 in November at Northwestern. See: https://github.com/samvera/samvera.github.io/issues/136