Child pages
  • 20170607 IG Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Information

Facilitating:  Aaron Collier

Zoom link: https://calstate.zoom.us/my/acollier

Time: 10am(PST)/1pm(EST)

Note Taking:  Benjamin Armintor

Attending: 

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
    1. Eastern: Jose Blanco, Andy Smith, Emily (et Al - Temple), Jason Casdon
    2. Central: Andy Weidner
    3. Mountain: 
    4. Pacific: Aaron Collier
  2. Updates
    1. Any progress to report from migrating institutions?
      1. Houston - Starting with Hyku - Looking for documentation
      2. Jose - UofM - Started Hyrax, 
      3. CSU - 
  3. Action Items
    1. Start a requirements document/matrix:
      1. Include/Compare workflows
      2. Use cases
        1. What solution packs match requirements and what is the interoperation (i.e. hyrax and spotlight)
          1. UH - Documentation and talk about the complexity of this migration. Best practices, what considerations do other institutions have (rights management, file naming, etc)
          2. Temple - Staff interface features from contentdm, are they present in Hyku/etc. Will be useful, from temple, list of features they are relying on from the staff interface. Shared in chat: not ready for public (yet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15xYtAktdY_wNkEjm92H-ZRs2PiOYn9verRei24nVtxg/edit#gid=0
            1. Use this as a model for the wiki matrix.
      3. Documentation needs?
        1. Supporting software
          1. UVic cdm_migrator (continuing development over the summer) 
          2. Move-to-Islandora Kit (MIK) Toolkit
    1. Starting a migration matrix with current status for each institution:  CONTENTdm Migration to Samvera Matrix
  4. Additional action items
    1. Andy - Houston. IMLS grant submitted around this work for a toolkit. Should have answer in August.
  5. Next meeting: July 5? (Will anyone going to OR be back/available?)
    1. Andy at OR. 
    2. Emily - add communication. Send to google group.
    3. Note taker?
  • No labels