Child pages
  • 2018-02-06 Meeting Agenda and Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 11:00 AM EST at https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

 Click for additional ways to connect...

Topic: Samvera Documentation WG
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,703126880# or +16465588656,703126880#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880
    International numbers available: https://cornell.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=kETmSkQJwRw5MtUhdEDgGzCl7yPcJrhY

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323:
        162.255.37.11 (US West)
        162.255.36.11 (US East)
        221.122.88.195 (China)
        115.114.131.7 (India)
        213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
        202.177.207.158 (Australia)
        209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880

    SIP: 703126880@zoomcrc.com

Or Skype for Business (Lync):
    https://cornell.zoom.us/skype/703126880



Facilitator: Jennifer Lindner

Notetaker: Ryan Steans

Attendees

Agenda / Notes:

  1. Roll call (please log in above)
  2. Review project board: https://github.com/projecthydra/projecthydra.github.io/projects/1
    1. Reporting on items completed since last meeting
    2. Review status of in-process tickets
    3. Discuss ready items & groom backlog
      1. Any new items needed?
      2. What should be moved to ready?
  3. Other agenda:
    1. (add your items here)
    2. From Julie Rudder: where to store process documentation?
      1. How to coordinate testing for a release
      2. Hyrax Testing and Release Process
  4. Pick facilitator / notetaker for next time
    1. Notetaker is responsible to copy template agenda into a new agenda for next meeting and add any followup items immediately.

Notes:

  1. Discussion re: project board items
  2. Other discussion
  3. Facilitator & Notetaker for next meeting
    1. Facilitator:
    2. Notetaker:

Action items 

AI - Ryan will write up proposal for Tia's work.

AI:  Bess will set up page in DCE and a link-page at Documentation website

AI - complete the "Release testing" hierarchy/ naming convention, move items in there

AI - Bess will look into QA_Nurax with Mark B

AI - Document what the installed versions are, links to those are and what they're used for.  Make a ticket for this. (Jen is doing that)


NOTES

Jen - First business - review project board

It looks like the A-Z index is done.  Back to in progress - trascribe the PI interview.  Needs to be converted into Something we would publish.

Questions from Justin and Giarlo.  In a state to be handed off, can be edited later.  Pretty much last ongoing in-progress ticket for longterm, high level goals.  

Bess - is going to close some open tickets that have been open a while.

Jen - We had good responses from our writer/ editor person.  Two people who seem like great writers, good experience.  APITia - liked her background.  She gave us some rates.  We can submit to Steering Committee.

4 hours work - transcribe interview.  Take a look at the API.  $250/ hour.  

What this is, why it's important, what this will cost, 

AI - Ryan will write this up.

What's in ready and grooming the backlog

-Bess - ton of documentation on Hyrax/ Shibboleth connection.  Making a ticket.  Documentation will live in DCE Playbook, but will make a page in Samvera GitHUb/ IO - will have a page there with a pointer to DCE documentation.

DCE sees it as a lead generator, and they have control over the documentation to make sure it's solid for their clients.  If it were shared documentation.

AI:  Bess will set up page in DCE and a link-page at Documentation website

Likely this will be the way to do it.

Jen - a paragraph intro?  Yes. - bess  Bess will provide explanatory text.

Collections Extension - Lynette wrote great documentation for it.  

How to coordinate testing for release - hoping for Julie or Lynette to take a look at Jen's writing.

Where should documentation live in documentation? 

Under release process? - Developer Community/ Releases - a page created "Release testing" under Development Community.  

Should we create a Release Testing Community? - lots of uses for this.  Jen can maybe move it under that link.  In addition to Julie's work.  Tell Community about it at the Tech Call tomorrow.  

AI - complete the "Release testing" hierarchy/ naming convention, move items in there

CHange name from "Real Life Hyrax" to something more explicit - check out what Hyrax should look like


Lynette - if there was a server like Nurax that IS the latest release - can always go to latest site and check against the Nurax to see if its a bug or a local issue.

Bess - is the reason its not being used that way because its also our latest release.  Not current stable release, its thecutting edge release.

Bess - we're setting up Demo that's a stable release with some branding.  The thing is - that one needs to be demo-able.  It needs to be a sales/ demo Demo box.  

If DCE did that would that meet your need?

Maybe a third one - Stable or vanilla?  Drew - one where you could set up sub-domains.

Nurax_testing, Nurax_QA  etc... naming conventions  - 

AI - Bess will look into QA_Nurax with Mark B

AI - Document what the installed versions are, links to those are and what they're used for.  Make a ticket for this. (Jen is doing that)

Jen asked Lynette  - Paragraph intro to documentation to collections information - Lynette - how much detail to put in?  Probably next week can accomplish.  Will ping Jen and include her to look at it.

Drew - Two tickets added last meeting from convos with Jekyll Tom - giving his technical recommendations a spin.  He has a theme we should implement, so we have a deprecation on the horizon.  

May be worth it to look at tickets - first pass stuff.  Then there's a point about versioning, a stylistic thing, mostly.  Drew wants to try the new theme first.

Lynette - wants to see the new theme

Drew is going to go for it.