Child pages
  • 2018-05-15 Meeting Agenda and Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 11:00 AM EST at https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

 Click for additional ways to connect...

Topic: Samvera Documentation WG
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,703126880# or +16465588656,703126880#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880
    International numbers available: https://cornell.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=kETmSkQJwRw5MtUhdEDgGzCl7yPcJrhY

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323:
        162.255.37.11 (US West)
        162.255.36.11 (US East)
        221.122.88.195 (China)
        115.114.131.7 (India)
        213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
        202.177.207.158 (Australia)
        209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
    Meeting ID: 703 126 880

    SIP: 703126880@zoomcrc.com

Or Skype for Business (Lync):
    https://cornell.zoom.us/skype/703126880



Facilitator: Andrew Myers

Notetaker: LaRita Robinson

Attendees

Agenda / Notes:

  1. Roll call (please log in above)
  2. Update on work done: 2018-05-11 Work Session Agenda and Notes
  3. Groom backlog:
    1. Update the project board,if needed.
    2. Add tickets to board, if needed.
    3. Prioritize project board.
  4. Group discussion of features, design, strategy
  5. Pick facilitator / notetaker for next time
    1. Notetaker is responsible to copy template agenda into a new agenda for next meeting and add any followup items immediately.

Notes:

  1. Work Session
    1. Work session agenda and notes
    2. Documentation change merged re: workflow.activate!... fix is part of upcoming release, but possibly not backported.
    3. Lynette started metadata issue... should be done by next work session.
    4. Other board is managed by Chris Diaz. Work focused on manager guide, with goal to be finished by end of the week.
    5. Collaboration tool is a problem when we want to break into multiple groups. Would be helpful to have a better option.
  2. Discussion
    1. Primary goal for our working group is create issues and prep the backlog for the work sessions
    2. What should priority be on menu issue, where menu is potentially generated by front matter?
      1. Downside is not having one canonical data source for the menu... if changed to be automatic, no place to go see it in code. 
      2. But now that we have a test suite, we could distribute the menu info into front matter, and have the test to insure that it is correct. 
      3. Seems beneficial to not have to remember to go elsewhere to get items into the menu, even if there is no one place to see the overall structure.
    3. How many items to have on deck?
      1. Helpful to have 12-15 on board items. 
      2. Difficult to prioritize the on-deck items, so need to add high priority tag for items we consider high priority and just leave the rest
      3. non-priority items will be removed and replaced from on deck if not addressed over a several week period.
    4. What is the use of the a-z index, now that we have a better search?
      1. Do we even need it? Search via google is more useful, as the terms aren't very helpful as they are now. Lots of duplicate terms in lists.
      2. Lynette put a lot of work into it, so want to take some time to consider use cases to make it more effective. Possible options:
        1. list just titles, and use as a flattened menu without having to drill down sidebar
        2. list terms, with pages titles underneath that meet those terms, in more of a typical glossary structure
        3. Added tag to gather more discussion before we decide what to do. Wanting to hear Lynette's perspective on use and how difficult to change.
      3. Left issue on priority board to keep the discussion as priority.
    5. Versioning issue
      1. Not much progress on issue regarding change to new method of versioning. Doing other versioning issues (i.e. adding to every page's front matter) will increase busywork to change over to a new method. Better to get new method in place first.
    6. Several new issues added
      1. Bess wants item on board for backup and restore. Drew created ticket with links to out of date info on wiki and another guide elsewhere. Issue #310
      2. Drew added R&D issue on multilingual support #311
    7. Google account
      1. Current search is based on LaRita's google account. Drew will create a google account for the documentation effort, to use for the search as well as storing spreadsheets, etc. 
      2. Issues exist to update the search to use the new account, and play with various styling options.
  3. Facilitator & Notetaker for next meeting
    1. Facilitator: Andrew Myers
    2. Notetaker: Ryan Steans

Action items 

  •