11:00 AM EST at https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880
Topic: Samvera Documentation WG
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/703126880
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,703126880# or +16465588656,703126880#
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 703 126 880
International numbers available: https://cornell.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=kETmSkQJwRw5MtUhdEDgGzCl7yPcJrhY
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
184.108.40.206 (US West)
220.127.116.11 (US East)
18.104.22.168 (Hong Kong)
Meeting ID: 703 126 880
Or Skype for Business (Lync):
Facilitator: Andrew Myers
Notetaker: LaRita Robinson
- Bess Sadler (Data Curation Experts)
Agenda / Notes:
- Roll call (please log in above)
- Update on work done: 2018-05-11 Work Session Agenda and Notes
- Groom backlog:
- Update the project board,if needed.
- Add tickets to board, if needed.
- Prioritize project board.
- Group discussion of features, design, strategy
- Pick facilitator / notetaker for next time
- Notetaker is responsible to copy template agenda into a new agenda for next meeting and add any followup items immediately.
- Work Session
- Work session agenda and notes
- Documentation change merged re: workflow.activate!... fix is part of upcoming release, but possibly not backported.
- Lynette started metadata issue... should be done by next work session.
- Other board is managed by Chris Diaz. Work focused on manager guide, with goal to be finished by end of the week.
- Collaboration tool is a problem when we want to break into multiple groups. Would be helpful to have a better option.
- Primary goal for our working group is create issues and prep the backlog for the work sessions
- What should priority be on menu issue, where menu is potentially generated by front matter?
- Downside is not having one canonical data source for the menu... if changed to be automatic, no place to go see it in code.
- But now that we have a test suite, we could distribute the menu info into front matter, and have the test to insure that it is correct.
- Seems beneficial to not have to remember to go elsewhere to get items into the menu, even if there is no one place to see the overall structure.
- How many items to have on deck?
- Helpful to have 12-15 on board items.
- Difficult to prioritize the on-deck items, so need to add high priority tag for items we consider high priority and just leave the rest
- non-priority items will be removed and replaced from on deck if not addressed over a several week period.
- What is the use of the a-z index, now that we have a better search?
- Do we even need it? Search via google is more useful, as the terms aren't very helpful as they are now. Lots of duplicate terms in lists.
- Lynette put a lot of work into it, so want to take some time to consider use cases to make it more effective. Possible options:
- list just titles, and use as a flattened menu without having to drill down sidebar
- list terms, with pages titles underneath that meet those terms, in more of a typical glossary structure
- Added tag to gather more discussion before we decide what to do. Wanting to hear Lynette's perspective on use and how difficult to change.
- Left issue on priority board to keep the discussion as priority.
- Versioning issue
- Not much progress on issue regarding change to new method of versioning. Doing other versioning issues (i.e. adding to every page's front matter) will increase busywork to change over to a new method. Better to get new method in place first.
- Several new issues added
- Bess wants item on board for backup and restore. Drew created ticket with links to out of date info on wiki and another guide elsewhere. Issue #310
- Drew added R&D issue on multilingual support #311
- Google account
- Current search is based on LaRita's google account. Drew will create a google account for the documentation effort, to use for the search as well as storing spreadsheets, etc.
- Issues exist to update the search to use the new account, and play with various styling options.
- Facilitator & Notetaker for next meeting