Some of our developers use
from JetBrains and we display this logo in recognition of their free open source developer's licenses.
Getting ConnectedMailing lists, weekly open technical calls, etc. are all listed on the Get in touch! page.
On-line Resources and Tutorials
For New and Potential Adopters:
- new adopters and potential adopters may find the pages here useful: http://samvera.org/
- See Partners and Implementations for more information about Samvera applications.
- A hydra-head interactive tutorial has been developed - see under the 'For developers' section below.
For Architecture Level:
- Code is hosted on Github: https://github.com/samvera
- Github’s wikis for samvera git repositories are targeted to developers: https://github.com/samvera/hydra-head/wiki
- Contributing to Samvera Community includes guidelines on bug reporting, using github, documenting code, testing, submitting and merging pull requests
Where Can Developers Get Training?
A developer needs a variety of skills, which are outlined in the Samvera Camp sylabus. The community offers multi-day public Samvera Camps at least once a year in Europe and North America. Additional single and half-day workshops are frequently offered in conjunction with other major Library and Library Technology Conferences. Samvera Camps are typically facilitated by Data Curation Experts who can also be engaged for private Samvera Camp events or custom training engagements. Contact Information is available at http://curationexperts.com
Tickets: Reporting Bugs & Requesting Features
We use Github, issues as our project tracker. Please report issues against the git repository for the specific gem you are having issues with. If you are unable to identify the gem in which your problem is occurring, please e-mail the email@example.com mailing list to help narrow your issue.
For examples, see the issues here: https://github.com/samvera/hydra-head/issues