Tuesday October 10, 2017 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Steve Van Tuyl (Oregon State Univ.)
- Hui Zhang (Oregon State)
- Gabriela A. Montoya (UC San Diego)
- Nik Dragovic (Emory University)
- Don Brower (University of Notre Dame)
- Gary Geisler (Stanford)
- Talk with Gary Geisler about comments on design mockups
- Note taker: Hui Zhang
- Gary Geisler will update mock-ups to reflect today's conversation and will move on to reports for works, files, and users.
Will base the other reports sections on the look and feel of collections.
Gary shows his mockup of the Reports and asks:
Q1: Whether table option is good enough for the 'Display' options in 'Customize Report'?
- The group agreed that a table is good enough and Gary will remove the 'Graph' option from the 'Display'.
Q2: What is the date we are looking at for collection: are we looking at the collection created, modified or still exists in that time period?
- If the collection exists in the time period selected, then it will be included in the report.
- Need a better label so that it's clear.
Q3: Where to show 'Month-by-month' total?
- Show it as a row at the bottom of the report table (sum of each column if applicable).
Q4: Other discussions of collection report:
- Activity in the collection report will include page view and downloads that come from "users" (won't distinguish between visitors and depositors in this section); inclusive of anyone who has viewed or downloaded (regardless of what type of user it was).
- The group liked the feature of faceting the report by collection.
- Sub-collection: show top five but people can use 'Expand' to see all sub-collections.
- Admin set will be synonym of Collection in the future.
- The work facets should include 'visibility' and 'access' and get rid of others.
- With collection report, when viewing the list of collections, if you want to know the status of a particular collection you can click on the linked collection title and get a collection report just on that collection.
Q5: Granularity of 'Export', where it should be applied in collection activity?
- Remove the 'Export' button on top of the mock-up, add two 'Export' options in the 'Views' and 'Downloads' sections.
Q6: How user can access the Work report?
- Put the Report button next to Analytics on the show page of the Work
Q7: What Users should include?
- Users will have some distinction between self depositors and visitor (two classes of users). Gary Geisler will try to figure out how to separate them.