Time: 1:00 PM EST / 10:00 AM PST
Call-In Info: 712-775-7035 (Access Code: 960009)
Moderator: Eben English (Boston Public Library)
Notetaker: TBD (Etherpad link: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Hydra_Newspapers_Interest_Group_Call__2017-06-01)
- Brian McBride (Utah)
- Harish Maringanti (Utah)
- Jenn Colt (Cornell)
- Eben English (BPL)
- Peter Binkley (Alberta)
- IMLS grant update
- Developer job position being finalized, should be posted soon
- If anyone in group knows someone who might be interested, please forward it on
- Doodle poll to schedule Advisory Committee meeting going out next week, hoping for July or August meeting
- PCDM profile update
- No updates
- No updates
- Features & Requirements
- Would be good to get another round of comments; Eben will send out a reminder
- Responses in the "Who wants this" column are a good indicator of interest, but not "binding" in terms of prioritizing development
- As the grant project moves forward, there will be further opportunity to review and break these into "must have," "nice to have," etc.
- Metadata Requirements for Newspapers (RDF)
- Intended to be a communally-created list, drawing on expertise of partners with digital newspaper collections
- Focus on newspaper-centric metadata (edition, volume, section, pages, etc.)
- Eben will add "Comments" column for questions, comments, etc.
- Eben will add "Repeatable?" column (NOTE: on 2nd thought, let's hold off on this one for now.)
- May move this to a Google Sheet if wiki table format gets unwieldy
- Intel sharing from other groups
- IIIF Newspapers Group did not meet in May
- Plugins working group: this group has basically ended, guidelines have been published
- We should consult with the Samvera UX group once the project is further along, get feedback on wireframes, etc.
- Next meeting: Thursday July 6 ???
- Many people may not be available.
- Eben will send follow-up email, get a sense of whether we will have enough people to warrant a meeting
- If not, next meeting will be Thursday August 3