Tuesday August 1, 2017 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
- steve van tuyl (Oregon State University)
- Nik Dragovic (Emory)
- Carolyn Cole (PSU)
- Don Brower (Notre Dame)
- Hui Zhang (Oregon State University)
- Gabriela A. Montoya (UC San Diego)
- Note Taker: Nik
- Analytics Requirements Tables (DRAFT) - discuss milestones as they stand, anything look out of place?
- Steve added all of the requirements listed/ranked into milestones 1-3. Arbitrary number, but a good starting point. Content somewhat evenly distributed. First is critical (MVP), second not critical but important, third is feature enhancements.
- Anything out of place? REST endpoint, multi-tenancy have all fallen to #3. Does anyone need them higher?
- Almost to the point that we need community feedback to get a real answer.
- Prioritization of documentation items: best practices and guidance, how to integrate analytics with Hyrax. Understanding what you are getting with Google Analytics / Piwik.
- Screencaps, etc.
- Suggested workflow: go through table, adding descriptions, and port over relevant definitions / examples that arise to the definitions document.
- Definitions document - volunteers to work on
- Need to get information/description to share more broadly.
- Action item: everyone contribute descriptive information
- We can promote some of the definitions already contributed in comments
- PCDM definitions might make sense, since Hyrax is based on PCDM. Remain fairly technical, or should we try FRBR-type definitions in some places?
- Analytics - keep at file level, or fileset? Thumbnail-level might be extreme. Should clarify what we mean by view and download.
- Meeting used time to discuss definitions, live edits made.
- General note: we want to define based on desired functionality, so that we can plan development effort with that in mind.
- Need to reassign the start of this (purpose/scope), Leah has volunteered but will not have time for a week or so.
- Traffic: need to figure out a way to filter out bots.
- Next week: deadline for working group, goal date to share with community.
- Add more clarifying information to requirements tables in "Description" column (All).
- Continue definitions for terms that Don has identified (All).
- Define documentation purpose/scope and begin drafting (Steve will check with Leah and report back).