Child pages
  • Hyrax Analytics Working Group - July 25, 2017
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Details:

Tuesday July 25, 2017 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time

https://oregonstate.webex.com/meet/vantuylsoregonstate.edu


Participants:

Agenda:

  1. Note Taker: Carolyn Cole
  2. Quick Review of last meeting:
    1. Overview of prioritization
      1. Picked off the top requirements and had discussion about other items
  3. Analytics Requirements Tables (DRAFT)
  4. Planning for prioritization of Milestone 2 and 3
  5. Development cycles - early query
  6. Steps for next week
    1. Task force to describe, more thoroughly, what we expect for documentation
    2. Prioritization of MS2 and MS3 items

Reference Documents:

    1. Example of what we're trying to build at this stage: Use Cases for Display Sets in Hydra
    2. Example of what we're trying to arrive at: Requirements - Display Sets
    3. HAWG Prioritization Spreadsheet
    4. HAWG Landing and Charter Page
    5. HAWG Use Cases
    6. HAWG Requirements Tables (DRAFT)

Action Items:

  1. Start a document that has definitions - Don Brower
  2. By next week there should be a draft set of definitions - Everyone
  3. Work towards prioritizing the rest of the requirements (do this based by the number of votes) - steve van tuyl 
  4. Propose categories of documentation and accompanying elements for the group to review next week (code, infrastructure, design, and user documentation) - Leah Vanderjagt


Notes:

  1. Analytics Requirements Tables (DRAFT)
    1. Using the Display Set model for the document
    2. All of the items that scored 7,8, or 9 or things that are important for each milestone
    3. Description needs to be added
    4. Should answer the questions in the comments before we share more broadly
    5. Need to define top level terms before sharing
    6. Call out items already implemented in Hyrax
    7. When we share the list we should ask for examples of how everyone has already made
    8. Need to scope the work being done by the working group
      1. Ask focused questions at the top of the list
    9. We are worried about cricket and then complaints when something is completed
    10. Don Brower has implemented a small analytics report in their implementation
      1. Need to include many examples of the reports, since that will influence the design of the work
    11. Documentation  What are the standards?
      1. code documenting
      2. design documenting
      3. user documents
    12. what documentation do we need to have in place when we close milestone 1?  What is required for design documentation?
  2. Planning for prioritization of Milestone 2 and 3
    1. This is what we need to do next: Prioritize the rest of the requirements in the list so we can see if anything is missing
    2. Start working on design, which will include report types
    3. Doing this based on the straight numbering
  3. How hopeful are we about finding people to do the actual development?
    1. Assuming the milestones and design in a timely manner
    2. Do people believe that their institutions have the development cycles?
      1. Notre Dame - Has been committing time to Hyrax
      2. Oregon State - Would have time in the fall might have a person
      3. UCSD - Fall timing should have time in the fall
    3. How does this tie into the roadmap for Hyrax?
      1. How can we adjust the Open Source Community to make community code contribution easier
      2. This will hopefully make the collaborative work easier (planning and hooking in)
      3. Hopeful there may be a draft or proposal roadmap for samveraconnect
    4. The development effort as that might happen before the creation of the roadmap
      1. There has been a sense of urgency for this work, so we may not want to wait for the roadmap
    5. How does the transfer from requirements to implementation?  What documentation needs to be done?
      1. We are copying the collection working group
        1. Community feedback
        2. UI Design
        3. Remote and in person sprints
      2. Work done on workflows was a bit less organized
      3. Community is used to work in the manner
      4. Need someone from this group to work as the coordinator for the design and the coding (Steve just volunteered (smile))
    6. What are Stanford's plans in the next 6 months?


  • No labels