Child pages
  • July 13, 2018 Partner Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Samvera Partners Call (July 2018)
Friday, July 13, 2018
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 


Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 


Attendees


Facilitator: Dan Coughlin

Note Taker:  Needed



Agenda


Upcoming resources survey of Partners by Contribution Model Working Group (Richard Green - 5 mins)


Minutes: 

  1. Recap of Virtual Connect 2018 (Chrissy Rissmeyer - probably unable to attend)
    • 203 registrations, 162 unique viewers/attendees (attendee count does not account for group viewings)

    • 3 featured presentations, 6 lightning talks, 11 IG/WG updates
    • Follow-up survey will be distributed to community today (July 13, 2018) via Zoom email and messages to community lists. Please keep an eye out for this and share your feedback!

    • Recording has been uploaded to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdr-ROQ7JfU&feature=youtu.be
    • Majority of slides have been linked via the program page: Samvera Virtual Connect 2018 Program
    • Program committee wrap-up meeting scheduled for July 24, 2018

    • Thanks again to the program committee, presenters, and attendees!

    • Working group and Interest group updates were particularly effective in the VC, even more effective than the in person meeting. It may be a better way to communicate out for WG and IG to communicate out a couple times a year virtually and not necessarily in person.

  2. Samvera Connect

    • It would be good to decide and publicize timing for the partner meeting on Monday 8 October before Connect.

      • Richard believes in terms of timing in Utah that the library is open from 8am-6pm, so normal 9-5 with a break for lunch.

      • Carolyn and Ben have agreed to facilitate the partners meeting so this information will be shared to them so they can get that out to folks and begin getting agenda items together.

      • As a reminder: 

        • deadline panels and presentations are the end of the month

        • deadline for workshop proposals is today 7/13. 

        • registration is open, start getting your plans together to attend

        • Posters will be printed by Utah (we believe for free)

  3. Elections wrapped up end of last week

    1. We had 100% participation in recommendations and voting

  4. Contribution Model Working Group

    1. Putting out a survey to the Partners to get a sense of resource folks are putting into the community beyond financial contributions

    2. We are asking for names, but only for the purpose of eliminating duplication and allow us to find folks should fill out the information in the case they already have not filled it out, data will be anonymized. After very broad brush replies, not looking for to detailed information, it should be quick to fill out.

  5. General Updates

    1. Northwestern went live with IR in Amazon (Hyrax)

    2. Northwestern New staff tool for managing digital collections has been moved to Amazon as well (Hyrax)

    3. EZID to DataCite WG update (not able to give update at VC) ND has gone through process to set up DataCite and setting up DOIs and will be migrating next week. An update has been made to the https://github.com/duke-libraries/ezid-client gem for additional support.  Folks can now approach DataCite for migration. EZ API for DataCite to create a relatively easy transition, that API will be removed in 2 years, eventually you will need to migrated to the DataCite MDS API, and the WG will continue to work to chart a path for building in support. 

    4. British Library has signed a contract with Ubiquity Press to build a Samvera repository as a pilot project over the next 9-12 months for an internal repository. Ubiquity will provide a larger update at Samvera Connect, this repo will be based on Hyku.  See press relrease at https://www.bl.uk/press-releases/2018/july/shared-research-repository-announcement

      Next Meeting on 8/10/2018 

      Notes - Dan Coughlin

      Facilitator - Karen Cariani



  • No labels