Child pages
  • June 14, 2019
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call
Friday, June 14, 2019
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 







Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45




Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com




Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 



Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Date


Facilitator: Richard Green

Note Taker: Glen Horton


Attendees


Discussion items

  • Additions to today's agenda
  • Next meeting - facilitator, note taker
  • Samvera Steering Group elections
  • Partner Meeting 10/21/2019 at WashU.  Need to identify organizers soon. There will likely be a parallel developers meeting.
  • Any matters to/from Steering
  • add items here!

Notes

Next meeting - facilitator, note taker

  • facilitator: Carolyn Caizzi
  • note taker: No volunteers.  Carolyn will seek out a note taker


Samvera Steering Group elections

  • The candidates are
    • Hannah Frost (Stanford University)
    • Tim Marconi (University of California, San Diego)
    • Simeon Warner (Cornell University)
  • On Monday, an email will be sent by Election Buddy to each partner's representative. It will include a one-time-use link. Richard will be able to see who has and has not voted, but will not be able to see how each person voted.
  • The election will close on July 1, with announcement of winners on July 2 or 3


Partner Meeting 10/21/2019 at WashU.

  • The meeting will be on Monday the 21st
  • There will likely be a parallel developers meeting.
  • We need to identify people to help organize the meeting.
  • Brian McBride volunteered to help organize. He will seek out a second person to help organize the meeting.


Update on the visioning exercise (Carolyn)

  • Carolyn, Hannah, and Ryan will look over all of the groups' responses and will try to identify any consensus or divides in the content.
  • They will present their report at the august partners call
  • Send any questions to Carolyn
  • Chris offered the Marketing WG's help when the time is appropriate


Overview/recap of Open Repositories (Chris)

  • There was less emphasis on individual solutions this time
  • People from around the world where present and talking about things they've done instead of just being there to learn.
  • Some attendees had chosen to build their own solutions from scratch
  • Three trends noted by Chris:
  • Focus on making the whole process user centered
  • Open access is still a trend. Repositories play a vital role in supporting open access
  • Research data and what it means to manage research data.
  • There was a samvera table. lots of participation
  • Samvera hex stickers were very popular.


Any matters to/from Steering

  • Nothing for steering to share to partners this time
  • Nothing to share with steering
  • No labels