- Update on Governance WG
- Leah shared the update from the community governance WG, which was formed after the Hydra partners meeting in March at Stanford.
- The group came up with the RACI matrix depicting the most Accountability and Responsibility lies among the developers group
- There are on-going discussions about what would be the best model going forward to sustain the code development while having governance
- Proposal to start a new IG for repo managers or combine with this group into more broader scope of Project+Repo+Service Managers
- Julie and Leah shared the concern that there is no one 'place' to discuss user stories and feature updates with the community
- Sherry: It would be good to have one place where every institution can document what EXTRA features they have implemented in their local repo
- There was mutual consensus that it would be good to have a place to share information and ask questions about each institutions' user stories
- Mostly everyone agreed it would be good to broaden the scope of PSMIG to RPSMIG (inclusive to repo managers).
- Julie and Leah will co-chair along with Nabeela and Amy
- Action Items:
- Julie has already created a slack channel and will invite all of us to that channel (done)
- We will discuss the name of the new group in the slack channel and then send the message to Samvera community groups
- Leah and Nabeela will work on defining 'one place' where institutions can document their local implementation of EXTRA features