|Samvera Partners Call|
|Friday, March 8, 2019|
|11:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr|
|Meeting number:||737 192 431|
|Join from a video conferencing system or application|
|Join by phone|
|+1-617-627-6767 US Toll|
|Access code: 737 192 431|
Code of Conduct
We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:
We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.
We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers .
Facilitator: Ryan Steans
Note Taker: Andrew Rouner
Andrew Rouner WUSTL
- Richard Green
- Ryan Steans
- Esmé Cowles (Princeton University Library)
- mike korcynski (Tufts)
- Carolyn Caizzi
- Franny Gaede & Al Cornish (University of Oregon)
- Dan Coughlin (Penn State)
- Simeon Warner (Cornell)
- Karen Cariani (WGBH)
- Maria Whitaker (Indiana University)
- Julie Allinson (CoSector - University of London)
- Chris Awre (Hull)
- Charlotte Nunes Charlotte Nunes (Lafayette)
- Nora Egloff (Lafayette)
- Stuart Kenny (Digital Repository of Ireland)
- Tim Marconi (UC San Diego)
- Glen Horton (Cincinnati)
Heads-Up - Vision/ Strategy Planning at Partners in Indianapolis - Carolyn Caizzi & Hannah Frost
Reminder to submit additional agenda items for the Partner meeting: due date is 29 March 2019, EOB - Margaret Mellinger
Avalon Forum - March 13th https://www.avalonmediasystem.org/avalon-forum
Virtual Connect Update
Standing item: Anything for/from Steering
- Welcome Rachel Lynn from DCE
- Carolyn--Heads-Up - Vision/ Strategy Planning at Partners
- asked for a place for "visioning exercise" in small groups to create shared vision statement
- shared vision is a vehicle for creating a shared meaning
- finding the org's meaning for existence to shift us from reactive to creative viz. "Learning Organization"
- what about people not attending? There will be discussion of other ways for people not making the meeting to input
- Margaret–Reminder to add more agenda items
- Jeremy and MM will connect around Mar 29 to set timing of items on meeting
- believe the time for exercise will be 3 hours
- Question: there is remote participation for partner meeting via Zoom?
- Esme volunteered to try to facilitate remote participation in small group exercise
- local development updates?
- Valkyrie--Esme–work to make it easier to use in Hyrax
- reducing dependencies
- Valkyrie 2.0 release will come out later this year
- just yesterday a new V. storage adapter using Shrine for cloud storage options "the NU whole team!"
- Avalon forum monthly 30 min forum
- cover adoption at local orgs etc.
- March 13 topics: work w/ Archivematica, and about "Timeliner" tool
- tool ready by end of this month
- Timeliner is a visual tool to help analyze (audio?) files, a visual aid for learning in music
- Virtual Connect update–from Ryan
- 27 proposals, many long
- meeting weekly to sort proposals
- will be over 2 day period, may run longer per day than original planned
- John Cameron using IU Zoom for dissemination
- nothing from Steering
- and welcome back!
- Roadmap Council--Julie
- working on white paper: what the software is; dispel perceived complexity
- paper currently in final draft state, hoping to get out next week or a little past
- trying to understand how to better help people time sprints; valuable to get more people involved and understand barriers
- main focus on Hyrax, Hyku etc. roadmaps are not duplicating, in conflict etc.
- Volunteer–facilitator: Karen
- Volunteer–note taker: Margaret will take notes
- Carolyn: should we still have April online call?
- MM: good idea to still have call
- Richard: warning: next 2 weeks UK and USA are 1 hour closer than usual!
- Apologies from loud-typing note-taker! I mentioned in the chat window my audio was being disconnected periodically throughout the call and every time it disconnected, I was Unmuted again when it reconnected...