Child pages
  • March 8, 2019
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call
Friday, March 8, 2019
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 


Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Date

Facilitator: Ryan Steans

Note Taker: Andrew Rouner

Attendees

Discussion items

Heads-Up - Vision/ Strategy Planning at Partners in Indianapolis - Carolyn Caizzi & Hannah Frost

Reminder to submit additional agenda items for the Partner meeting:  due date is 29 March 2019, EOB - Margaret Mellinger

Avalon Forum - March 13th https://www.avalonmediasystem.org/avalon-forum

Virtual Connect Update

Standing item:  Anything for/from Steering

Roadmap Council


Notes

  • Welcome Rachel Lynn from DCE 
  • Carolyn--Heads-Up - Vision/ Strategy Planning at Partners
    • asked for a place for "visioning exercise" in small groups to create shared vision statement
    • shared vision is a vehicle for creating a shared meaning
    • finding the org's meaning for existence to shift us from reactive to creative viz. "Learning Organization"
    • what about people not attending?  There will be discussion of other ways for people not making the meeting to input
  • Margaret–Reminder to add more agenda items 
    • Jeremy and MM will connect around Mar 29 to set timing of items on meeting
    • believe the time for exercise will be 3 hours
  • Question: there is remote participation for partner meeting via Zoom?
    • Yes
    • Esme volunteered to try to facilitate remote participation in small group exercise
  • local development updates?
    • Valkyrie--Esme–work to make it easier to use in Hyrax
    • reducing dependencies
    • Valkyrie 2.0 release will come out later this year
    • just yesterday a new V. storage adapter using Shrine for cloud storage options "the NU whole team!"
  • Avalon forum monthly 30 min forum
    • cover adoption at local orgs etc.
    • March 13 topics: work w/ Archivematica, and about "Timeliner" tool
    • tool ready by end of this month
    • Timeliner is a visual tool to help analyze (audio?) files, a visual aid for learning in music
  • Virtual Connect update–from Ryan
    • 27 proposals, many long 
    • meeting weekly to sort proposals
    • will be over 2 day period, may run longer per day than original planned
    • John Cameron using IU Zoom for dissemination
  • Steering–Richard
    • nothing from Steering
    • and welcome back!
  • Roadmap Council--Julie
    • working on white paper: what the software is; dispel perceived complexity
    • paper currently in final draft state, hoping to get out next week or a little past
    • trying to understand how to better help people time sprints; valuable to get more people involved and understand barriers
    • main focus on Hyrax, Hyku etc. roadmaps are not duplicating, in conflict etc.
  • Volunteer–facilitator: Karen
  • Volunteer–note taker: Margaret will take notes 
  • Carolyn: should we still have April online call?
    • MM: good idea to still have call
  • Richard: warning: next 2 weeks UK and USA are 1 hour closer than usual!
  • Apologies from loud-typing note-taker!  I mentioned in the chat window my audio was being disconnected periodically throughout the call and every time it disconnected, I was Unmuted again when it reconnected...









  • No labels