Child pages
  • Metadata Call 2016-07-27
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST

Call-In Info: +1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025 

Moderator:  Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
Notetaker: 
Bill McMillin (Univ. of Cincinnati)
Attendees: 

  1. Subgroup Reports
    1. Descriptive Working Group
      1. no meeting last week
      2. need to decide if there is interest in presenting at HydraConnect
        1. possibly UCSD & UCSB shared data model as a topic
      3. no need for a meeting time at HydraConnect
      4. will likely put out a survey similar to last year's and have results available at HydraConnect
    2. MODS and RDF Descriptive Metadata Subgroup
      1. compiled all work completed so far
      2. will send out another poll to hydra-tech listserv
        1. predicates used for an institution that currently physically holds the object

        2. not many definitive options for holding institution
      3. need for meeting time at HC?
        1. likely a lightning talk and unconference breakout session
    3. Applied Linked Data Working Group
      1. discussion of harvesting options
        1. OAI endpoint may not be the best thing
      2. decided discussion will depend on DPLA since everything they work with ends up in DPLA
        1. call scheduled w/ DPLA
      3. not likely to need a time to meet at HC - maybe something informal
    4. URI Management Working Group
      1. Survey results
        1. 18 responses
        2. no Islandora responses
        3. most people need defined predicates and can't find them
        4. most respondents storing literals as strings
        5. also storing date/time, numeric values with language codes
        6. all respondents are working with literals
        7. nobody is fully linked data yet
      2. getting started on functional requirements for vocabulary manager
  2. Issues/Questions
    1. Hydra Connect IG/WG meetings
  3. Review Metadata IG Requests and Priorities
    1. no requests have come up recently
    2. Julie will follow up on time-based request
  4. Additional items
    1. Hydra Connect presentations - what has been proposed from the HMIG arena?
    2. Sunset dates for template for IG Charter/ template for WG charter
      1. Hydra partners asked for sunset date to be included in initial group charters
      2. asked existing groups to come up with a sunset date
        1. How do we determine a sunset date for an IG?
          1. if a group has scope & objectives, these can help determine sunset dates
          2. how can we plan for the demise of interest in metadata?
          3. would there be a better place for discussion bout topics related to an interest?
        2. best option is to define a time period without activity that would trigger a sunset for the IG 
          1. set at 6 months
    3. Demo of Sufia 7 test install/Fedora 4/PCDM implementation
      1. Google Hangout (https://hangouts.google.com/call/rixfvsom4vf2bn5d2sq4ayjeuqe), Monday, August 1 at 3pm Eastern
      2. Can also look now if time allows
      3. interest in recording
  5. Action Items
    1. update IG wiki page to indicate a sunset date of 6 months with no activity
    2. Julie will look at the requests & priorities page
  • No labels