Child pages
  • Metadata Call 2016-08-24
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST

Call-In Info: +1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025 

Moderator:  Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
Notetaker: 
Bill McMillin (Univ. of Cincinnati)
Attendees: 

  1. Subgroup Reports
    1. Descriptive Working Group
      1. No meeting since last IG call
    2. MODS and RDF Descriptive Metadata Subgroup
      1. Meeting notes at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/RDF-MODS-20160822
      2. discussed holding location/shelf location
      3. breakout session is schedule for HydraConnect
    3. Applied Linked Data Working Group
      1. meeting scheduled for next week
    4. URI Management Working Group
      1. Meeting notes at  URI Management Call 2016-08-23
      2. working on creating functional requirements list for hydra community vocabulary manager
        1. focusing on predicates right now
          1. discussed using slash patterns vs. hashes at the end for predicates
          2. decided to use slash patterns
            1. relying on W3C's best practices
        2. will need to handle controlled vocabulary terms
          1. this will be a later phase
  2. Issues/Questions
    1. none
  3. Review Metadata IG Requests and Priorities
    1. no updates
  4. Additional items
    1. PCDM 2.0 - Listserv discussions (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pcdm/Ep1Cty2JDx4https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pcdm/8xVAWuczaxQ) and intermittent #metadata Slack talk (and probably other channels)
      1. Christina Harlow created a wiki page for meeting notes related to PCDM
      2. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pcdm/8xVAWuczaxQ began a discussion on file sets and PCDM
        1. file sets are not part of PCDM
          1. in Sufia, it's been applied with PCDM
          2. there has been discussion of creating a working group to get this sorted out with PCDM 2.0
        2. The purpose of PCDM was to generalize it & make it broader than the needs Hydra community
          1. questions arise as communities feel it doesn't meet their needs
          2. See Hydra Architecture WG notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/17M5QlsPlNo98dTjNFrskBvNNflXbTYMKsJc6WRcuOdU/edit#heading=h.z76kxtvttbib
      3. What can the Metadata IG do to help?
        1. unsure if we have enough active members to formalize our role in the decision process
    2. Hydra Connect - HMIG meeting Thursday, Oct. 6, 2-3pm Eastern
      1. Agenda discussion
        1. should all working groups report?
          1. not all WGs have content to report
          2. the MODS/RDF group could report on their work, but they have their own session
          3. the URI Management WG will have things to report
        2. We'll put working groups on the agenda 
    3. Questions about the group going forward
      1. Should we examine our role within the community and how it relates to participation in this group?
      2. Lots of metadata work is happening in other groups such as the Architecture WG
      3. This group still serves as a way for metadataists to get involved in the Hydra community
  5. Action Items
    1. Next meeting is Wednesday, September 7
  • No labels