This Confluence wiki site, maintained by DuraSpace prior to the recent merger with LYRASIS, will transition from the duraspace.org domain to the lyrasis.org domain on Saturday, Nov 16 beginning at approximately 7pm ET. A period of downtime of 2-3 hours is expected. After the transition, this wiki will be available at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/. All links to duraspace.org wiki pages will be redirected to the correct lyrasis.org URL. If you have questions prior to or following the transition please contact: wikihelp@lyrasis.org.
Child pages
  • Metadata Call 2019-03-26
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm Eastern

Call-In Info: +1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025 

Moderator:  Julie Hardesty and Ruth K Tillman

Notetaker: Adrienne Pruitt (and others)

Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mjXuE5mPdpMWbNv52kYlxziC3GkR_GZMZDJBD3EfhoY/edit?usp=sharing

Agenda:

  • Attendees
    • Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
    • Ruth Tillman (Penn State)
    • Jen Young (Northwestern University)
    • Ryan Wick (Oregon State University / Oregon Digital)
    • Cara Key (Oregon State University)
    • Adrienne Pruitt (Tufts University)
    • Erik Radio (CU Boulder)
    • Anna Goslen (UNC Chapel Hill)
    • Nora Egloff (Lafayette)
  • Subgroup Reports
    • URI Selection WG
      • Ryan: No update on the WG directly, some movement locally about hosting things on a opaquenamespace.org;. He is hoping to have a more formal proposal submitted before Virtual Connect. Needs more buy in. Julie will help with anything that might need to be put together before the Partners Meeting. Could still have a Samvera domain, just be hosted by opaquenamespace.
    • Geo Predicates WG: no one on the call to report
    • Machine-readable Metadata Modeling Specification (M3) WG
      • Meeting yesterday, Julie: work to define properties that should be used when specifying metadata for profiles either in Hyrax or other web applications; tried to narrow down an extensive list that included optional properties. Tried to create a minimum fields list to define a metadata profile. Next step is for Arwen to go into Houndstooth repo and create a branch to try those minimum fields out: https://github.com/samvera-labs/houndstooth/blob/M3-branch/m3.yml
  • Issues/Questions
  • Topics
    • Samvera Virtual Connect 2019 Program - April 23-24
      • 11 am EST to 1(first day) or 2:30 pm (second day)
      • Several metadata presentations. Day 1 will be most of the IG and WG updates. Will be an update about the MODS-to-RDF working group, done now, yay! M3 and Hyrax talk by Arwen on the first day. Also a few 7 minute talks about metadata on Day 1. If you have to make a choice, Day 1 will be more metadata-focused.
    • Nurax demo - late May?
      • Updated to the latest stable version, 2.4.1. Julie has full access now. She could schedule a demo for late May and we could all walk through it together if there’s interest. Will try for late May, keep it relatively short, and also record it.
  • Next SMIG Meeting would be April 23 (after Samvera Virtual Connect) - cancel and meet next on May 28?
    • Consensus was yes, cancel for April.


  • No labels