Child pages
  • Samvera Partner Call - December 8th, 2017
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call (December 2017)
Friday, December 8, 2017
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 

Event Recording

Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Facilitator: Linda Newman
Notetaker:  Michael J. Giarlo

Attendees:  (please enter your own name below)

Draft Agenda:

  1. Amend and approve this agenda
    1. No changes.

  2. New Governance Working Group (Ryan Steans, Mark Bussey)    
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A5HnwG2isjYX45ppZGGY5Wlbe6jZybTyRGjNHs0RUV4/edit?usp=sharing
    1. Have sufficient support from Partners to move forward with the working group already
    2. WG charter period will remain open for at least another week
    3. Carolyn Caizzi will ask Ryan Steans to send one or more reminders to the community about the WG – would like volunteers
    4. Will be a formal WG with all the trappings, i.e., a wiki page linked from the front page. Ryan Steans has begun this work.

  3. New Component Maintenance Working Group (Trey Pendragon)
    https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90972636
    1. No one on the call is on the WG.
    2. Purpose is to come up with a process to maintain Samvera community components 
    3. There will be a follow-on WG to test out the process identified above.
    4. Please see charter above for more detail

  4. Spring Samvera Partner Meeting  (Steering Group)
        Tom Cramer sends his regrets but offers this report in advance:
    1. We’re committed to holding a Spring Partner meeting in 2018
      1. As discussed at the Partner meeting held after Connect 2017
    2. Any institution interested and able to host should register their intent by Friday, Dec 8 in this Google doc: 
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n0cb0QzQDWJcJYHQoHZ8YKWdlFGktH76k0UoaoJggQY/edit#
      1. Currently, only one host registered.
    3. After Dec 8, we’ll do a poll to help determine the best locale and dates. Right now, it looks like it might a Soviet-style election (only one candidate).
      1. Seems likely the host will be Stanford. Steering will follow-up.

  5. Report from November Samvera Partners Meeting  (Steering Committee or member of Organizing team)
    1. Informed and reinvigorated Governance WG work
    2. Promising movement on component maintenance
    3. Agreed to move forward with framing the next round of Samvera fundraising for a dedicated position (perhaps best to leave this vague: community manager? technical manager? product owner? etc.)
    4. Ideally we will be able to raise enough money for two years' worth of salary to be able to retain someone
    5. There was also an idea shared at the Partner meeting to funnel some of our funding to documentation
    6. Accessibility review has been commissioned and will commence soon
    7. Trademark application in U.S. and Canada is looking good
    8. Agreement to move forward with a Marketing & Communication WG and that should get going soon
    9. Good discussion of next year's annual report

  6. Report from Samvera Connect  (Evviva Weinraub Lajoie)
    1. Numbers are looking good.
    2. Looking to hand off about $10,000 to next year's host, and includes carry-over from past years.
    3. Stanford has printed more t-shirts for folks who were missed and Northwestern is following up on this
    4. Evviva and Karen are talking to the Utah hosts soon to do knowledge transfer
    5. Kudos to the hosting committee (lots of work!) and the program planning committee (job well done!)

  7. Announcements, any other New Business
    1. Library Publishing Forum conference coming up in May. There's a publishing platforms pre-conf and Michigan is representing Samvera there, presenting on Fulcrum. No knowledge of Hyrax- or Hyku-focused talks there. Opportunity to connect publishing folks with Samvera community. https://librarypublishing.org/library-publishing-forum/ 
    2. Next Samvera Europe user group meeting is next Thursday. Looking more closely at JISC's RDSS project, using Samvera for research data management. Chris will reconnect with the Partners later based on how this goes. See the samvera-europe google group for more information and keep an eye on the Samvera wiki which is being brought up to date (Awre, Green).

  8. Any other old Business
    1. None.

  9. Choose moderator/notetaker for next meeting
    1. Notes: Rick Johnson
    2. Moderator: Margaret Mellinger

  10. Adjourn
    1. Done!





  • No labels