Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Call-In Info: 1-641-715-3660, access code 651025
Moderator: Esmé Cowles
Notetaker: Thomas Scherz
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- Carolyn Cole (PSU)
- steve van tuyl (oregon state)
- Drew Heles (Johns Hopkins University)
- Josh Gum (Oregon State)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- Jennifer Lindner (DCE)
- Glen Horton (Cincinnati)
- Jim Coble (Duke)
- Trey Pendragon (Princeton)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for other agenda items (moderator)
- Continued ... Can we sort out our Technical Debt? The complexities introduced by solr/fedora/activeFedora? How? If we solved our architecture complexity problems, would we still have the same levels of debt? How much debt is in the architecture, and how much is in the process? Would paid QA engineers, dedicated portions of sprints, meetings to take on high-level analysis get us started getting sorted? ( Jennifer Lindner )
- Hyrax 1.0.3 release - we (Drew Heles and Bess Sadler) would like to release hyrax 1.0.3 in order to backport Justin's fix for encoding issues (via PR #1314: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/1314). If anyone else has PRs they'd like to see in a 1.0.3 release, please get them in in the next couple of days. We'd like to do the release on Wednesday, July 19th.
- Signup for Collection Extensions development sprint (Lynette Rayle) - (Sign-up | Sprint on wiki | All WG Phases on wiki)
- Help the Documentation Working Group fill out the A-Z Index (Lynette Rayle) - See it in action at... http://samvera.github.io/a-z.html
- Moderator/notetaker for next time (moderator)
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.
2b. Technical Debt : Can someone link the technical debt blog post (Princeton and ???) on here?
What is technical debt? performance problems, upgrade paths, incompatible development archs,...
The Samvera Community discussed some options at LDCX. One idea is the idea of hiring a community coordinator.
Jennifer Lindner is going to compile institutional feedback through the various list and start the conversation there.
2c. Hyrax 1.0.3: Drew is looking to release Hyrax 1.0.3 to get needed encoding back port and Bess's documentation in.
If there are any other fixes or features wanted, get your PRs in.
2d. Collection Extensions Sprint: The sprint will begin on August 7th.
Still looking for developers and institutions with indexing and nesting expertise to sign up.
There will also be an in person sprint on August 21 - 25 in Michigan
2e. Documentation Working Group: Checkout the Knowledgebase. Great work.
Hosted on github.io, so put in issues and pull requests.