Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Call-In Info: 1-641-715-3660, access code 651025
Moderator: Michael J. Giarlo
Notetaker: Jim Coble
- Julie Allinson (University of London)
- Aaron Collier (
California State University)
- Esmé Cowles (Princeton)
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Bess Sadler (Data Curation Experts)
- Glen Horton
- Thomas Scherz
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- LaRita Robinson (Notre Dame)
- David Tolmie (University of Washington)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- Matt Critchlow (UC San Diego)
- Adam Wead (Penn State)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for other agenda items (moderator)
- Branding of collections - where to store banner and logo images? (Lynette Rayle) - Issue #1376
- Question is where to store images for branding collection – in Fedora as part of the object or outside Fedora as an application-level concern
- Lynette Rayle leans toward the former (in Fedora as part of the object) as either a related object or as a file on the collection object
- Adding a FileSet to the Collection is the most natural fit with the current model, though Collections don't currently have FileSets – that would have to be added.
- Using related objects seems too heavy for this use case. Even FileSet seems a bit heavy for these branding images but may be the easiest to code.
- No one spoke up in favor of making collection branding images a purely application concern (i.e., storing them somewhere other than Fedora).
- Consensus was to include these images as part of the Fedora object and do so in a Fileset. Lynette Rayle will post about this to Samvera-Tech list and will also look at the tradeoffs between adding them as a FileSet to the Collection or as directly attached Files. Work can begin on the consensus solution while awaiting further feedback from the Samvera-Tech list.
- original_file and related behavior (download, etc.) (Matt Critchlow)
- Current default Hyrax behavior ('master' branch – v2.0.0.alpha) is to set the same access controls on all Files in a FileSet.
- UCSD has a use case where some files (e.g., source files) in a FileSet need different access controls than other files (e.g., derivatives) in the same FileSet.
- Duke and CSU have similar use cases.
- Michael J. Giarlo noted this use case – datastream/file level access control – comes up periodically.
- Matt Critchlow will write up an issue for Hyrax, propose a solution, and ask for community feedback.
- Hyrax bug fix version - 1.0.4 (Bess Sadler)
- Bess Sadler would like to release a bug fix version of Hyrax 1 in the next couple of weeks and asked folks to note any additional issues they would like to see addressed in such a release.
- Moderator/notetaker for next time (moderator)
- Moderator: Adam Wead
- Notetaker: Drew Meyers
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.