Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2019-05-01
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions

Telephone:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3

H.323:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)

SIP: 613720745@zoomcrc.com

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Chris Colvard

Notetaker: James R. Griffin III

Attendees:


Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
    8. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
    2. browse-everything maintenance and Interest Group proposal (James R. Griffin III)
      1. browse-everything Licensing Question (https://github.com/samvera/browse-everything/issues/227)
    3. Request to review https://github.com/samvera/active_fedora/pull/1385 (James R. Griffin III)
    4. Request for QA reviewers (Lynette Rayle )
    5. Slack: How to request to that a channel be closed? (James R. Griffin III)
    6. Add agenda items here
  3. Moderator & notetaker for next time
    1. Moderator:
    2. Notetaker:
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
    1. Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"

    2. Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
    3. Popup will open for location. It should contain: 
      1. Space: Samvera
      2. Parent page: 2019
    4. Select copy. New page should be created.
    5. Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
  5. PR Review
    1. Review issues:
    2. PR review coordinator for next time: 

Notes

BrowseEverything Interest Group CfP

  • James has issued a call for participation for a browse-everything IG
  • An IG is justified by the need to maintain the browse-everything Gem as a dependency of Hyrax
  • Additionally, it must be noted that there is an ongoing discussion relating to the proper licensing of the Gem (https://github.com/samvera/browse-everything/issues/227)


active-fedora

  • James issued a Pull Request which introduced support for the indexing of float values into Solr (https://github.com/samvera/active_fedora/pull/1383/files)
  • This did not change the underlying Solr configuration, and hence should be backward compatible
  • As this is a new feature and not a bug being fixed, James needs change to a minor rather than patch release, but it is otherwise acceptable


Questioning Authority (QA) Reviewers (Lynette)

  • Call for participation for reviewers with the QA Gem
  • Trey: If there is a shortage of labor, the Component Maintenance Group would be happy to look at this
  • This can be placed on the GitHub Project board
  • Randall is currently addressing reviews throughout this week
  • GitHub Projects also provides some features for assigning reviewers which might be useful for supporting reviews for pull requests


Slack Channel Closures

  • James needs to close #geomodeling (it was started in order to assist with communications for the concluded GIS Data Modeling Working Group)
  • What is involved in closing and archiving this?
  • No one was certain, but Chris offered to assist James with this


Next Scheduled Samvera Tech. Call

Moderator: LaRita Robinson

Notetaker: James R. Griffin III


Meeting adjourned at 09:22PDT/12:22 EDT


Pull Request Reviews for Hyrax

Question regarding CircleCI (Lynette)

  • Changing the cache key for individual files functions, but for directories presents obstacles
  • Chris: Avalon developers just used a long cache key in order to respond to directory contents being updated
  • In this case, the directory being cached contains fixtures
  • Perhaps a step following the engine_cart generation which fetches any new fixtures could be explored?


CircleCI Performance Question (Lynette)

  • Tests did not seem to be running reliably for builds of QA
  • CircleCI Containers: If two concurrent builds of Hyrax are running, all of the builds within the Samvera GitHub Organization are queued


Pull Requests

There are QA-related PRs (https://github.com/samvera/questioning_authority), and they may block further work being addressed by Lynette

Request for reviewers


Wings PRs

  • Chris has been tagging PRs with "wings" for any PRs which emerged from the sprint
  • These should be left for review by those on the Hyrax WG or involved in Hyrax on Wings sprints


3479

  • Lynette volunteered to review this


3560

  • Adds a Rake task for cleaning resources out of Fedora and tables out of databases
  • Question about whether it was necessary was raised
  • It will require a rebase


3528

  • Some additional tests were requested


3652

  • James is working on this for this afternoon


3716

  • GeoNames improvements for Hyrax
  • Backward compatibility, should handle a default parameter for the method #solrize
    Also, there is a URL for the GeoNames API hard-coded into the PR
  • This does not integrate well with QA
  • An alternative might use the linked data features in QA
  • Lynette would be willing to assist with QA support


3543

  • This is ready for another review
  • This was scoped for the Hyrax WG sprint
  • One week from Monday, someone will be assigned for review


3692

  • Adjusting the CircleCI concurrency configuration settings, but it can be left to be closed as a stale


3760

  • Requires a new release of riiif, this is not ready for release


3763

  • Missing translations, request for reviewers


3764

  • There are failing tests for this, the WG can review this


3762

  • This will also involve reviewers from the WG


3765

  • Copies files into place and installs the UniversalViewer using Yarn
  • Separation into a separate Rake task which is invoked by an install generator


3769

  • i18n support which needs to have commits squashed (and which has failing tests)
  • One should be able to review it


Pull Request review ended at 09:55PDT/12:55 EDT


  • No labels