This Confluence wiki site, maintained by DuraSpace prior to the recent merger with LYRASIS, will transition from the duraspace.org domain to the lyrasis.org domain on Saturday, Nov 16 beginning at approximately 7pm ET. A period of downtime of 2-3 hours is expected. After the transition, this wiki will be available at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/. All links to duraspace.org wiki pages will be redirected to the correct lyrasis.org URL. If you have questions prior to or following the transition please contact: wikihelp@lyrasis.org.
Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2019-07-31
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions

Telephone:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3

H.323:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)

SIP: 613720745@zoomcrc.com

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Jim Coble

Notetaker: James R. Griffin III

Attendees:


Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
    8. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Pre-Connect Developer Congress - ideas for format and topics (Chris Colvard)
    2. Add agenda items here
  3. Moderator & notetaker for next time
    1. Moderator:
    2. Notetaker:
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
    1. Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"

    2. Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
    3. Popup will open for location. It should contain: 
      1. Space: Samvera
      2. Parent page: 2019
    4. Select copy. New page should be created.
    5. Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
  5. PR Review
    1. Review issues:
    2. PR review coordinator for next time: 


Notes

Pre-Connect Developer Congress

  • Previous Tech. call, a developer congress was discussed, and this was raised to the attention of Steering
  • What should be the focus areas or topics?
  • What kind of information can be provided to the planning committee?
  • How can we ensure that attendees have the ability to request for the resources to attend a day earlier than Samvera Connect
  • What is a Developer Congress?
    • It's definitely about writing code
    • Previous congresses have discussed style conventions, and other decisions regarding standards and practices
  • Are there any proposals thus far?
    • There was a small conversation on Slack, and we decided to solicit ideas
    • How planned do we want the event to be?
    • Some Congresses have been overly-planned, and others structured akin to unconferences
    • Chris: A planned sprint like what was held at Penn State University for a week was successful
      • Teams were identified, and this permitted participants at all skill levels to contribute
    • Trey: Planned conferences usually were formed in response to a community need
      • Do we have anything that we need to be addressed as a community?
      • hydra-access-controls has been discussed on #dev
    • Tom: Expect the landscape to be different in three months
      • Not necessarily that predications about what would be of interest can't be made
      • Hyrax/Valkyrie work is going to move interest away from problem areas similar to what was discussed for hydra-access-controls
    • Also, keep in mind that this is one day
      • Perhaps smaller scale tickets, documentation issues should instead be considered
    • Tom: Expect that there will be a large Hyrax documentation gap by this date
      • This might be of interest given that it will address documenting Valkyrie patterns
      • It will be appealing even to those who aren't planning to use Hyrax
    • Anna: Should we invite Product Owners or members of the Core Component Maintenance group to steer the planning for this?
      • Perhaps this could assist with forming teams
    • LaRita: In the past, there were multiple tracks
      • Perhaps documentation could be on track with component maintenance being the other
  • Next Steps
    • Identify one or multiple product owners to select tickets
    • Focus areas might be predominantly for documentation
    • Perhaps announce the day and time with the high level areas of focus which were just discussed?
      • Soliciting participation through this might be best
    • Planning meetings for the Dev Congress
      • Haven't met yet, just a private message group
      • Can move this to a channel on Slack
        • #developer-congress will be used
    • People are already making travel plans and might not be aware that this is happening
  • If we can't tell people what they are doing exactly, we can at least tell them who they would be collaborating with
    • Maybe start a Wiki page listing those who are planning to attend?
    • Which Confluence space should be used?
      • The Connect 2019 space might be a good space for it
      • Program Committee is viewing this as a separate event, perhaps there is a Dev. Congress space?
    • How are people going to know that it is happening if it is not found on the Connect 2019 space?
      • It will be promoted by the Program Committee
      • Trey will take the action item to make the page
      • Anna will discuss this with the Program Committee (they are a member)


Next Samvera Tech. Call

  • Moderator: LaRita
  • Notetaker: James

Call concluded at 09:22PDT/12:22 EDT


Hyrax Pull Request Review

Attendees

  • Chris Colvard
  • Tom Johnson
  • Thomas Scherz


Issues:

3479

  • Tom still owes feedback on this


3898

  • Great effort for internationalization
  • If this could pushed into a passing state, that would facilitate the review process
  • Failing due to some missing translations on the branch still


3899

  • Test against Rails 5.2.x releases
  • Chris offered some minor changes
  • Removed the `#to_model` method from `WorkflowResponsibilityForm`
  • This should return `self` (that is a `SimpleForm` support issue)
  • The tests failing in CI aren't failing locally for Chris
  • Tom might be able to assist


ActiveFedora releases

  • Ensure that hydra-head does not break with a new release of ActiveFedora
  • Should anyone attempt to update hydra-head before a new release of that is made...
  • Chris approved and will run this by Tom before cutting a release for AF


Session concluded at 09:36PDT/12:36EDT


  • No labels