Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2019-08-07
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions

Telephone:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3

H.323:

Meeting ID: 613 720 745

162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)

SIP: 613720745@zoomcrc.com

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Chris Colvard

Notetaker: James R. Griffin III

Attendees:


Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
    8. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. hydra-pcdm Ancestor Validation for Collection/Sub-Collection Nesting (James R. Griffin III)
      1. https://github.com/samvera/hydra-pcdm/issues/245
      2. Note: I've spoken to Lynette earlier today, and given that she is unavailable for the call this week, this issue will be added to the agenda for next week
    2. Developer's congress communication: making an announcement (Anna Headley)
      1. Developer Congress - Monday 21st October 2019
    3. Samvera Docs WG rejuvenation (Andrew Myers)
    4. Add agenda items here
  3. Moderator & notetaker for next time
    1. Moderator:
    2. Notetaker:
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
    1. Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"

    2. Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
    3. Popup will open for location. It should contain: 
      1. Space: Samvera
      2. Parent page: 2019
    4. Select copy. New page should be created.
    5. Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
  5. PR Review
    1. Review issues:
    2. PR review coordinator for next time: 


Notes

hydra-pcdm

  • https://github.com/samvera/hydra-pcdm/issues/245
  • This issue addresses cases where adopters of hydra-pcdm are able to create two Collections, and permit each to be a member of the other (Collection A is a member of Collection B and Collection B is a member of Collection A)
  • There was originally a test for this which verified that this type of recursive membership could not  be assigned
  • LaRita:
  • Anna:
    • Is this a Hydra PCDM implementation question?
    • Hydra PCDM did block this from happening, so this decision was made
  • Trey:
    • It's not a directed graph in PCDM, so you can have circular relationships
    • This was prevented in order to avoid infinite recursion within caching mechanisms for active_fedora
    • If this were resolved in hydra-pcdm, would this simplify the nesting indexer in Hyrax?
  • LaRita:
    • Uncertain, there is a lot of querying happening to avoid nesting loops
    • If we could catch an error which is raised, that might be more efficient...
    • But the queries are still going to be used to recommend nestable collections
    • If we implement this, it might make it harder to Hyrax
    • LaRita is hesitant to remove the Hyrax queries
    • It would still provide an extra safeguard even if it were supported in hydra-pcdm
  • Trey:
    • Inclined to recommend that we close the ticket
    • Hyrax has solved the problem, and the PCDM specification itself says that it is valid
  • LaRita:
    • Has no strong feelings
    • Is fine with closing it
  • Will proceed by tagging Lynette on the issue, and then move to close the issue


Samvera Connect 2019 and the Developer Congress

  • Richard provided a "Companion Events" link to the Developer Congress page on the Confluence
  • Organizers should still announce the Developer Congress to the tech. mailing list
  • Also, listing the organizers on the page would be best
  • Richard emphasized that we clarify that this is not a part of Samvera Connect 2019, and that this is a separate event
  • Trey will draft the e-mail
  • Point of contact for those who are interested in participating?
  • Just list the Slack Channel as the primary mechanism for contact
  • Chris, Tom, and LaRita were the original volunteers for organizing the event
  • Adding the names as organizers to the e-mail will be addressed


Samvera Documentation WG Rejuvenation

  • Drew is the product owner and chair of the Documentation WG
  • It has had various successes throughout three years of progress
  • There are still some issues which need to be addressed
  • Reviving the group in order to address documentation issues in preparation for the Developer Congress
  • The documentation is likely going to be a part of what is required for assisting development efforts for the Congress
  • The site itself is a Jekyll site (static site generator)
  • Only the GitHub repository should be used to publish the site
  • Would like to reorganize the content - choose a theme which was is now not ideal for the requirements of the site
  • Would like to explore dumping the theme
  • Drew will organize this and create tickets
  • https://github.com/samvera-labs/samvera_docs will be where the work is continued
  • Component Maintenance WG will be contacted in preparation for the migration to the new theme


Next Scheduled Samvera Tech. Call

  • Moderator: LaRita
  • Notetaker: James


Call concluded at 09:24 PDT/12:24 EDT


Hyrax Pull Request Review Session

Attendees

  • Chris Colvard
  • Gordon Leacock
  • James Griffin


3760

  • Still waiting on Julie Allinson


3839

  • Sprinters still working on Wings


3881

  • Covered by the Hyrax WG
  • It has been reviewed
  • Tom asked for changes


3764

  • Chris will be undertaking a review


3479

  • Needs another review


3899

  • Anyone can review this now, not just Tom
  • Brings Hyrax up to Rails 5.2
  • CircleCI build restructured into two different workflows
  • In the Gemfile.lock, Rails, when generating internal test app., hard-coded a Rails version into the test app.
  • This really couldn't be addressed without using workspaces between jobs (otherwise the invalid Gemfile.lock would be persisted)
  • Trying to make the tests pass with a new release of hydra-editor with simple_form updates with Rails 5.2 has been the challenge
  • simple_form was using #to_model which
  • Also before_destroy: remove! was creating problems
  • ActiveRecord in earlier Rails was throwing StatementInvalid where it should have been throwing more specific errors


3907


3908

  • This might be a Hyrax WG issue
  • Inclined to leave them for the WG
  • Test failure may have been a flapping test, Chris is rerunning the build
  • It was indeed a flapping test
  • This still needs a review
  • Different solution might be to permit users create a TransferRequest when FlipFlop has transfer works is enabled
  • Defer to someone in the Hyrax WG


3909

  • 3762 became stale
  • user_id and grantee_id HTTP request parameter parsing raised some questions
  • Also questions regarding `head :ok` statements
  • Is a modal preferable to a flash message?


Non-Hyrax Pull Requests

  • (Nothing was proposed)


Session concluded at 09:49 PDT/12:49 EDT


  • No labels