Child pages
  • September 14, 2018 Partner Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Samvera Partners Call (July 2018)
Friday, September 14, 2018
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 


Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 


Attendees

Andrew Rouner WUSTL

Carolyn Caizzi Northwestern

Esmé Cowles Princeton

John Weise University of Michigan

mike korcynski Tufts

Simeon Warner Cornell

William G. Cowan  Indiana University

Nabeela Jaffer  University of Michigan

Nora Egloff Lafayette College

Benjamin Armintor Columbia University Libraries (late)

Margaret Mellinger  Oregon State University 

Glen Horton Cincinnati


Regrets


Facilitator: Dan Coughlin

Note Taker:  Esmé Cowles


Agenda

Samvera Connect reminders

Samvera Connect brief progress update

Partner meeting at Connect (Carolyn Caizzi , 5 minutes)


Minutes: 

  • Samvera Connect reminders and brief progress update
    • Andrew: Reminders have gone out on Slack
      • Please register if you haven't (current registration: about 113, close to that in workshop signups)
      • Program up for a while, schedule coming soon (confirming that presenters will be registered and present)
  • Partner meeting at Connect
    • Carolyn: Ben and I are co-chairing
      • Please add your name to the partner meeting agenda, we would like to have an accurate head-count
      • The agenda is fleshed out for the whole day, starting at 8:30am (coffee and snacks provided)
      • There will be a remote connection option (tested recently, and it sounded OK)
  • Carolyn: Question: Heard the Working Group for Hyrax was being slowed down by free version of Travis, and potentially looking about using a different tool or paid version, should that request go to Steering?
    • John: I'm new to steering, but I think so, who will I get details from?
    • Carolyn: Will write up a request with more info and send to Steering
    • Dan: We also had problems with Travis, and a paid version didn't help — refactoring the test suite was a more effective approach
    • Will: Daniel Pierce is working on that this sprint and looking at CircleCI 2.0, which may resolve the issue
  • Andrew: Gotten question from my institution about what partner financial contributions would go towards, would like a resource to point people to
    • John: The Governance WG report and recommendations include that info, can send links to more detailed info — but maybe other people could use that info too?
    • Carolyn: Contribution Model WG will present at the partners meeting, and Richard will do an update about fundraising (related to eventually hiring staff), but specifics always welcome
    • Andrew: Will wait for partners meeting discussion, and bring info back to my institution

November (assuming October is happening at Samvera Connect and we have facilitators for that:

  • No labels