Child pages
  • URI Management Call 2016-05-31
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Connection Info:

3-4pm Eastern
+1 (641) 715 3660, access code 651025  

Notetaker: 

Julie Hardesty

Attendees:

Mark A. Matienzo
Trey Pendragon 

Agenda:

  • Review survey draft
  • Predicate decision tree
  • Functional requirements for Hydra vocab manager

Notes

  • Review survey draft
    • Reworked to more quantitative questions
    • Focus more on ontology needs (predicates and objects) then general RDF in Hydra/Fedora problems
    • Send to hydra-tech, hydra-community, islandora, fedora-community
    • Leave up through July 4 holiday
    • Send reminder last week of June
    • Send to group and then send on Friday, June 3
  • Predicate decision tree
    • Good to construct this first while survey is out re: ontology needs for functional requirements info
    • Trey will create skeleton doc for decision tree to work on at next meeting
    • http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/ was down but seems like a good general resource for ontologies when working
    • Direct to particular ontologies for certain types of data (starter list with suggested ontologies, not complete):
      • Geographic materials - TGN, GeoNames
      • Art - TGM
      • Subjects - LCSH
      • Names - LCNAF, ULAN
      • Rights - rightsstatement.org
      • Technical - EBUCore
  • Functional requirements for Hydra vocab manager
    • Rightsstatement.org
      • Reads set of TTL files for each vocab term
      • Not easy to transfer to another context
      • Custom web app, not static pages
    • PCDM
      • Static pages generated by XSLT from OWL in RDF/XML
  • For next meeting
    • Trey will facilitate (Julie at Open Repositories)
    • Trey will create skeleton doc for decision tree to work on at next meeting
    • Julie will send survey out to group and then to lists on Friday, June 3
  • No labels