Have a use case you are working with that you would like to explore? Add it here. A variety of use cases will be selected to serve as examples during the workshop. We will work through design possibilities and questions during the workshop in order to build a better understanding of the tools we have available to architect our repositories.
Use Case: Self-Deposit
In a self-deposit repository system, any user with a login can add works and files.
- As a logged in user, I want to create new works that are attributed to me and discoverable by the public.
- As a logged in user, I want to be able to organize my works for my own use.
- As a logged in user, I want to be able to organize works to share with others.
Use Case: Curated Exhibits
In a curated repository, select staff can create content and selectively release it for public consumption.
- As a librarian, I want to select public works to include in a curated exhibit.
Use Case: Migration from D-Space to Hyrax
There are many uses for D-Space. One use is the collection of faculty/staff research for a department on a university campus.
- As a repository manager, I want to create collections for each organizational unit of the university.
- As a faculty/staff member, I want to be able to create new works within my department's collection which are attributed to me.