There are three or four components that you will want to backup
- The VIVO home directory.
- This holds the Solr search index. The search index is not vital to a backup, since it can be rebuilt. However, rebuilding the index is time-consuming
- Also holds any uploaded image files, and any customized RDF files.
- Holds your
- The VIVO relational database.
- This holds all of your instance data (people, organizations, etc), as well as any customizations that you entered through the GUI.
- The VIVO RDF store.
- In most cases, the VIVO RDF store is held in the VIVO relational database (above), but at some sites it might be in a separate triple-store.
- The VIVO installation directory.
- If you have customized the templates or the Java code, you will want to preserve those changes.
- At a minimum, this directory contains your