- Write access to the codebase
Nomination privileges of new committers
- Release management privileges
- Binding votes on procedural, code modification, and release issues
- Access to the private committers mailing list
- Monitor and respond to project mailing lists
- Attend project and technical meetings
- Monitor and vet bug-tracker issues
- Review and commit code contributions
- Ensure code contributions are properly licensed
- Maintain project documentation
- Guide and mentor new committers
- Uphold the DuraSpace code of conduct
End of Service
A VIVO committer may remove themself from the committer group at any time by sending an email to the committer mailing list indicating as much.
Additionally, if an existing VIVO committer has not performed any of the above "Responsibilities" for a period of four months or more, a representative of the committer team should send an email (cc'ing the committer mailing list) to the absent committer inquiring whether they would prefer to end their service. If no response is received from this email that justifies continued absence or and a full year passes with no fulfillment of any responsibilities, the absent committer may be removed from the committer group.