(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Solr upgrade effort. When to merge? Once the initial Solr PR#2265 PR#2058 is merged, all developers will need to install/setup their development DSpace with an external Solr.
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object?
- REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- REST PATCH method also defines a "test" operation: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6902#section-4.6 , however we do not yet support it in the REST API
- DSpace 7 Preview Release (per Steering discussions yesterday) New deadline end of March (Beta before OR2019)
- Perform preview release on a separate branch (not master) to allow for code that is still undergoing final review? (proposed by Lieven & Pascal)
- Preview Release made available via Docker? (proposed by Pascal)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet