- DSpace 7 Working Group is working to design and develop the new Angular UI and REST API for the DSpace 7.0 release.
- DSpace 7 UI Outreach Group is helping support the DSpace 7 Working Group around outreach and communication.
- DSpace Entities Working Group is continuing analysis of options for enhancing the DSpace data model with additional "entities" (objects), for improved integration with CRIS systems and external identifier systems (e.g. ORCiD).
- April 2018
- Steering group will review, discuss and make a decision on DSpace Entities Working Group's report / analysis.
- May 2018
- First DSpace 7 Community Sprint likely
- June 2018
- Update presentation on DSpace 7 at the OR2018 conference
- Developer training/workshops at OR2018 on the DSpace 7 UI and REST API
- DSpace 7 Working Group has produced the following deliverables in 2018:
- DSpace 7 Development Planning spreadsheet : details, at a higher level, the tasks in progress, completed and to-do for the DSpace 7 release.
- DSpace 7 Community Sprints: Planning and scheduling of DSpace 7 community sprints, to get other community members trained and contributing to the DSpace 7 development efforts.
- DSpace Entities Working Group has produced the following deliverables in 2018:
- DSpace Entities Overview / Analysis document for community feedback and Steering Group feedback
In early 2016, the DSpace UI Prototype Working Group has been working with UI prototype developers (from DSpace UI Prototype Challenge) and DSpace Committers to analyze User Interface platforms and recommend a single platform to build the next DSpace UI (as a replacement to both the XMLUI and JSPUI). This new User Interface is planned to be initially released in DSpace 7.0 (timelines TBD).
: Details the UI Prototype Challenge entries (including documentation and code/project links). Video demonstrations and Q&A with all developers is also available.
- DSpace UI Prototype Evaluation Form: Public feedback form which was used to gather feedback from Working Group members, Committers and anyone on mailing lists (who offered feedback)
- DSpace UI Working Group Summary: Summary of the UI prototype discussions and analysis (based on Evaluation Form and Video demos, etc), along with details about the potential UI platforms.