Refactoring falls into a few camps -
Backward Compatibility Legend:
BC - either no backward compatibility concerns or easy to make backward compatible
BC? - requires analysis to determine backward compatibility impact
BC - either difficult to make backward compatible or requires significant effort to achieve backward compatibility
A Few Key Proposed Refactors
- BC - 2.1.0 created lightweight versions of admin set and collection factories. A few tests were updated. Need to refactor remaining test that use Admin sets and collections to use lightweight factories and then remove heavy factories. (Issue #2940)
- BC - Works could also benefit from a lightweight refactoring.
- BC? - Drying up of code in Collection Views. (Issue #1677)
- BC? - Performance improvements around indexing (Issue #1826)
- BC - Make new Edit Collection UI look like Work UI. (Issue #3107)
- BC - Cleanup of participants organization - recorded in permission tempates or ACLs in Fedora. Ideally one place to check that. Should be ACLs. Refactor to get depositor info int ACL.
- Drying up of code in Collection Views.
- Start on Refactoring Admin sets in collections to use leightweightf actories but not all tests were modfied. Need to update tests
- Works could also benefit from a lightweiht refactoring.
- Make new Edit Collection UI look like Work UI.
- (Issue #2474)
- Additional Potential Refactors: open issues in Hyrax - 21 marked as Refactoring
Some weigh in by responsible parties on priorities. Search of open issues in Hyrax - 21 marked as Refactoring issues. See if there's another cateogry category that should be considered.