The functionality is largely inspired by the SOLR official de-duplication approach, for each item one or more signatures are computed using pluggable implementation.
- During the submission and the workflow, the potential duplicates are presented and feedback from the submitter and validator are collected (see deduplication alert)
- An administrative dashboard is available to the administrator to check for existent duplicates and merge group of items (see The administrative UI)
|Since DSpace-CRIS 5.10|
A batch script is provided to merge different instances of a cris object in a single one. The script works on any kind of entity (researcher profiles, organisation units, projects, etc.) with the following rules
- any items linked to the merged cris object will be linked to the target cris object
- any cris objects linked to the merged cris object will be linked to the target cris object
- properties and nested object present only in the merged cris object are copied to the target. The parameters allow fine grain control about which properties copy and override.
usage: ScriptMergeCrisObject -d,--delete delete merged objects, the default (without the -d option) is to disable them -h,--help help -m,--merge <arg> CRIS ID(s) to merge into the target (use multuple m if needed - merge occurs respecting the order from left to right) -p,--replace_notempty <arg> properties to override in the target with the values from the merged objects IF NOT EMPTY -r,--replace <arg> properties to override in the target with the values from the merged objects -s,--skip properties to ignore during the merge -t,--target <arg> CRIS ID to retain (merge target) -x,--exclude Don't merge properties, only move link from the merged object to the target USAGE: ScriptMergeCrisObjects -t <crisID> -m <toMergeCRIS-ID1> m <toMergeCRIS-ID2> .. m <toMergeCRIS-IDn> [-r propR1 -r propR2... -r propRN] [-p prop1 -p prop2... -p propN] [-s]