Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- add agenda item here
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review (Chris Colvard)
- Review PRs deemed priority from any Samvera project.
- Review Hyrax PRs, sorted by 'Least recently updated' and filter out any that don't need to be considered.
- Next Facilitator: YOUR NAME HEREJulie Allinson
No Tech. Call was held, instead the Hyrax PR Review was held immediately
Request Review Session
- Myers: Call for high priority pull requests requiring review?
- Colvard: Notes that there are some updates required in relation to the sass Gem (3.7.0)
- bootstrap-sass Gem fails compilation due to this update
- Release 3.7.1 for sass is needed in order to address this properly
Hyrax Pull Requests
- 17 are open
- Valkyrie Pull Request
- CLA was not legal to sign
- If the last comment was a question, it requires a response
- https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/3370 was approved
- Any progress from Tom Johnson on getting the CircleCI builds to pass?
- Stubbed requests need to be torn down for feature tests, WebMock is disabling the requests between suites, but the tests will pass
- Will require merges over CircleCI failures (these merges should have a comment detailing this)
- https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/3373 was created to address this
- Whether this goes into 3.0 or not?
- PR is fine
- Plan is to integrate for the 3.0 release
- In last week's review, attendees skipped all tagged for the 3.0 release
- Also requires a check for the CLA
- Was already approved, merged during the call
- Not sure why I18n.with_local for English is used
- Forces into English
- smithjp of UNC
- Left a comment on the issue (https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/3321)
- Perhaps this was meant to set up code for easier translations beyond English for later pull requests?
Discussion still needed