Child pages
  • December 14, 2018 Partner Call

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Regrets


Facilitator: Nabeela Jaffer

...

  • Steering progress towards vote on bylaws and roadmap council charter (Jon Dunn)
    • The vote closed on Wednesday; both passed; had votes from 28/34 partners and all votes were in favor of approving the roadmap and the steering bylaws. Thanks everyone! Email incoming later today.
  • Progress towards re-charter of Contributions Working Group 
    • Rosalyn expected to have updates on this next week. Moving to next partner meeting.
  • Steering progress on charter of a Fundraising Working Group (Jon Dunn)
    • Richard Green sent email to lists on November 5 with call for participation. Draft charter; group has met once with representatives from 6 partners and 1 non-partner institution. Charter and meeting notes on wiki.
  • Marketing Working Group status re. feedback for the Samvera FAQ (Chris Awre)
    • Met on Wednesday to follow up on Connect conversations. Further development of Samvera FAQ, but first need to re-charter. One of the pieces of feedback received at Connect was that the Samvera website was rich in information, but didn't give indication of who was involved in Samvera beyond lists of institutions. Might be nice to find a way to individualize participants – who should this be? Steering, Partners, key individuals involved in technology? Who would you think it would be appropriate and useful to have information about on the Samvera website? Does anyone have concerns about being represented in that way on the website? Comment: want a cross-section. 
    • How does this relate to case studies? Will be sharing those as well. 
    • Another suggestion to have more dynamic content on the website, for example, the inclusion of a blog. Conversations since then seem to be fairly supportive, but also recognizing that that requires ongoing editorial effort to ensure an active contribution of blog pieces without many big gaps, otherwise not a dynamic community. Do people have experience with blog editing? Willing to help inform the direction of the blog? Also looking for video content? Answer: Yes, if people are willing to contribute those, all to the good. Concerns about having blog content on the website because we won't have the traction to keep it updated and fresh. 
  • Plans for Virtual Connect around March/April 2019 (Ryan Steans, Chrissy Rissmeyer) 
    • Next call!
  • Plans for Spring Partner meeting (Jon Dunn, Rosy Metz, Carolyn Caizzi)
    • As was announced on the lists, scheduled for April 29 & 30 in Indianapolis at IUPUI. Wiki page linked in the agenda, can sign up to attend. There will be a virtual participation option. More travel information shortly. Looking for 1-2 from Partner institutions interested in facilitating the meeting.
  • Hyrax Development - Resources Request, Roadmap, and Hyrax-Valkyrie survey (Steve Van Tuyl, Tom Johnson) 
    • At Connect, asked to send out a single resource request, and received middling response. About half to 2/3 of things on this document are resourced at this point. Hyrax Working Group is not resourced well enough to run again. Valkyrization of Hyrax is sufficient. Bulk round-tripping is going to be covered by Oregon Digital RFP process. Permissions work on roadmap needs a coordinator. Analytics is insufficiently resourced to move forward. We're still in a position where we could hear from folks if they choose to contribute time or resources, but we're going to need to decide what on the Roadmap won't get done at this point.
    • Permissions, analytics, and Working Group all require development time. What are thoughts on Working Group? Do you reallocate folks from Working Group to other work? Had 6 months of working group that went really well, were able to meet promises made to community and the group, stability and less-painful upgrades and move rapidly. It would be a shame to not be able to continue, but need to discuss this resourcing question. Maintenance work is critical to stability and usability of the product if Hyrax is going to be sustainable.
    • Tom and Steve will meet to look at the Roadmap and meet with folks who indicated they could contribute resources in 2019 and help update the roadmap for moving forward and provide a more thorough update in a future call. Still need to review results of Hyrax/Valkyrie survey, may create sub-committee on 
  • Samvera & Hyrax Implementations page on Wiki (Nabeela Jaffer)
  • Personalising the Samvera website (Chris Awre)
  • .... add items here ...
  • Facilitator and Notetaker for January 11 meeting

...