|Plans for Virtual Connect around March/April 2019 ||Ryan Steans, Chrissy Rissmeyer|
(Chrissy cannot call in until 9 am Pacific, adding written update beforehand just in case.)
- This year's Virtual Connect will be held via Zoom webinar on Tuesday, April 23 and Wednesday, April 24 (starting at 8am PDT / 11:00am Eastern / 4pm BST) The event will be held over 2 days and organized into tracks. Each day's event will be approximately 90 minutes (instead of a 1-day, 3-3 1/2 hour event).
- This change is in response to community feedback received following the past 2 years events. Additionally, we hope the shorter duration will make it easier for those in the UK to attend most of the event during regular business hours.
- A combined save-the-date and call for proposals will be sent to the community early next week.
| ||Plans for Spring Partner meeting || Jon Dunn, Rosy Metz, Carolyn Caizzi||(Chris reported for Jon Dunn)|
- They are still looking for 1-2 volunteers to facilitate and put together the agenda. Contact Jon, Rosy, or Carolyn if you are interested in helping.
- There's a wiki page for the partner meeting. You can post topics to the page.
- Jon is hoping to post hotel and travel details soon.
|Hyrax-Valkyrie survey ||Steve Van Tuyl, Tom Johnson||Steve reported on the status of Hyrax resourcing:|
- The Valkyrie, batch round-tripping, and permissions groups are resourced.
- The analytics group still needs resources. Some folks have expressed interest, but the group is on hold until they have more
- The Hyrax Working Group has 2 devs and 1 coordinator. They are moving forward with a skeleton crew, but would like more people. John Weise said they might be able to add someone.
- Contact Steve if you have resources to contribute to these groups.
|Open Repositories contributions||Chris Awre|
- An additional week has been added for proposals to ORE.
- Chris advocated the value of proposing Samvera-related sessions to this conference.
- Collaborating on sessions is highly encouraged.
- Mike Giarlo and Justin Coyne are working on a proposal for repository sustainability with a focus on software development practices. They will likely touch on Samvera.
- Wednesday, January 16th is the extended deadline for proposals.
Facilitator and Notetaker for February 8 meeting
Facilitator: Robin Lindley Ruggaber (University of Virginia)
Notetaker: Mike Korcynski (Tufts)